Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,I have a 1991 dodge colt 1.5l and I have no spark I put a new distributer in and still no spark.I have checked all fuses. What should I check for. Thanks

G

·
does your starter crank when you turn your key? if not then its not just your distributor its probably your starter. you won't have spark until your engine cranks. if your engine does crank but won't start and you have a new distributor. you may need a new distributor coil as well. that little thing the wire that doesn't connect to your spark plugs goes to your coil. if it is not that you may have another electrical problem like a relay. you can check the relays in the fuse box in yoru engine compartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine cranks just fine My coil is internal on dist. and that was all purchased new as a complete unit including cap and rotor button. all other electrical seems to be working on the car just no spark I even got another dist. and same result no spark. is there a sensor or relay in the circuit I even tried a new computer and still nothing ,just wondeing if a sensor could cause this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts