Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in seattle , wa..i drive a 1991 galant gsr and desperately need a new manual transmission.pls help...currently im only shifts up to third gear.

G

·
The F5M22 transmission yu are seeking is available on many makes . Yu can source this transmission frum 1989-1993 Galant with SOCH or DOCH heads , 1990-1994 Eclipse , Talon , Laser DOCH engine , Mitsubishi Mirage with1993-1996 4G93 1.8 soch or 1990-1992 4G92 Mirage , 1993-1996 Dodge Colt /Eagle Summit with 4G93 1.8 , 1991-1996 Dodge Colt Vista /Eagle Summit Wagon with 4G64 Soch 12 & SOCH 16 Valve, If yu choose to get a lightlly beefier tgranny yu can always use the 1994-1998 Mitsubishi Galant manual Transmission , even though on this model the front and rear mounts mount to the transmission , unlike the model yu have where the mounts are on the front and rear side of the tranny , juss dun worry about it. it bolts up juss like the old one. All Mitsubishi 4cyl bell housing pattern is the same. Altho yu will need to take the electronic speed sensor off and replace it with yur old style frum yur original transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi There;

I need a 5 speed manual trans for my Eagle 2000GTX AWD with a 4G63 engine.

This is same vehicle as Mits Galant GSX AWD Non-Turbo. The manual calls for a W5M31 transaxle.

If anyone knows what I can use, or help me to locate one I would really appreciate it !

I have seen this: Jdm Eclipse Talon Turbo 90-94 4G63-T 6bolt Awd Tranny

Will it work in my vehicle ?

Please reply to my email below;

Thanks all !!

Chris

[email protected]

·
Registered
279 Posts
u cant use an AWD tranny in a FWD car. the GSR is FWD...check dsmtuners.com they might have something in the for sale section. or check local junk yards

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
NO thats not wut he is saying. The Galant had an AWD option on non turbo models. As in well most JDM and Thailand produced versions the GSR was AWD without the turbo and automatic suspension , he has a similar setup

·
Registered
514 Posts
call around and see if any local junk yards have the transmission you are looking for. Those 6g galants are getting rare, especially the AWD models, so the junk yards might not have what you are looking for. Im not sure if the AWD/FWD transmission from an eclipse would work, but if you could find out, an eclipse trans would prolly be easier to find than a Galant transmission. just make sure you get the trans that bolts up to the 4g63, and not the trans that bolts up to the 1.8L 4g37, heh. if you order a transmission off the internet, be ready to either pick it up in person, or pay out the ass for shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
FYI > My car is now driving again with a W5M33 trans ordered from eBay shop > "jdm_2008"

This was a trans from a '90-94 Eclipse/Talon Turbo AWD vehicle ..

Slightly different gear ratio's so not as quick off the mark, and cruises at 1,000rpm less at 120Kph.

Works great !

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Yes because W5M33 transmissions were designated for AWD Turbo on Galant , Eclipse and Talon and Laser Turbo. With the more available TQ and HP yes the gear ratios would be diff . BUt good yur got it goin again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts