Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have adjustable ride control on my 1994 montero, but need to replace the shocks. Is there any issues when I disconnect the wire from the adjustable shock and replace it with an aftermarket (Procomp)? Will it cause the computer to send an error signal and trip the check engine light?

Does anyone know the difficulty level of changing the shocks on a 1994 Montero.

Thanks,

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have fitted ES9000 to my '94 Pajero :) and had no problems with disconnecting the wires, or fitting the shocks. If you can change a wheel you will be able to fit your Pro-comps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need to change the shocks on my 1992 Montero. I'm ok with not having the adjustable feature. My question is will 'regular' aftermarket shocks fit or do I need a conversion kit?

If I need a kit any idea where to buy? Any suggestions on a reasonably priced on-road shock?

·
Registered
162 Posts
The adjustable control will not trip anything, infact, I disconnected it on my second year (it was useless) and had the stock shocks (KYB or Kayaba, sometimes TOKICO) replaced in third year with Old Man Emus from Australia. They are still very good and still comfortable today, 10 years on.

There are other brands like Tough Dawg, Ranchos, Black Diamond, JAOS, etc for you to choose from the aftermarket, and the only parts required are probably the bushings. If the original rubber bush is still good, use it. The nylon bush will only last for about 2 years. No conversion kits required, get the exact size and specs for your Pajero.

Please also search for other listing on this topic posted sometimes last year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts