Mitsubishi Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ! I am a happy FORD owner that now has a Mitsubishi as a work van . Question ? I noticed i couldn,t even bypass the std aiecleaner with a pod because of what looks like rather stringent pollution control measures ? Maf sensor it looks like? I have fitted extractors ,2" zorst, quality oil & bumped up the timing slightly, it wont ping on premium but it Does on std fuel. SO ? Can this ECU be modded in any way? It has plenty of Boogie and pulls a pretty good skid but i would really like to know what i am up against with this engine??? Thanks in advance -I,d post a pic up but i de-badged the van and put a big Ford one on the front ......Sorry. :beer:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Dazzler, You've got the perfect platform to have a seriously quick van. The 4g64 (2.4) engine is very strong and reasonable power from the factory (100bhp at the wheels). The problem with these vans is when you load then up they become a bit of a slug (as you know).

Depending on what you wanna get out of it the sky is the limit. We've found that turbo charging is the most effective way and cheapest way of gaining torque/power and making the thing "interesting" to drive even against most V8s :grin:

I've got the 2.4 8v in mine and I turbo'd it. It returns better economy than stock, reliable and hellish fun. Mine has over 300% increase power increase over stock.

Here's my van and its modifications CLICK HERE!

We've found that running around 10psi will return 160-170kw at the rear wheels on the 2.4 engine. The 2 litres make similar power at 12psi but nowhere near as much torque. The 2.4 is the engine to have!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate ... i,m about to click on your link (heaven help me ) guess i can scrap all thoughts of an V8 conversion now ??? Appreciate the advice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking of selling this but i also want to make her quicker ?
Decisions decisions ............

:grouphug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hows that ??
Tried to make a new post and edited one from last year ....special verrry special ....................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.