Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a 1997 and/or 1998 Eclipse, but they both have issues. The 1997 hasn't started in a while and the 1998 runs rough. I know that there are a lot of things that can be causing the issues, but can someone give me some ideas on what to look at first. I'm thinking that's it's a possible timing issue on each. I have not had the time to look at the cars yet to give you more information, but plan to take a look at them as soon as I return home from my business trip. Also, is the 1997/1998 known for issues that I need to stay away from? What would be your deal breaker?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
97 black eclipse

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1997 and/or 1998 Eclipse, but they both have issues. The 1997 hasn't started in a while and the 1998 runs rough. I know that there are a lot of things that can be causing the issues, but can someone give me some ideas on what to look at first. I'm thinking that's it's a possible timing issue on each. I have not had the time to look at the cars yet to give you more information, but plan to take a look at them as soon as I return home from my business trip. Also, is the 1997/1998 known for issues that I need to stay away from? What would be your deal breaker?

Thanks in advance!
ive got a black 97 ECLIPSE for sale $500, two cylinders low compression

·
Registered
2 Posts
97 black eclipse

Thanks in advance!
i have a 97 black ECLIPSE for sale $500, 2 cylinders low compression, everything else is descent for the age

1 - 3 of 3 Posts