Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
can anyone help me before i pull my hair out,
I have a 1997 carisma glxi.The battery warning light is permanantly on despite having changed the battery and alternator...Any help would be good...Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah and there all ok,
i`ve got about 14volts running through the battery when the engine is running.i`ve also discovered that there is a relay under the bonnet in with the fuses thats getting rather hot...according to the book its labelled ignition?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem is just the same as mine. Too bad that there is no answer.

Could anyone please help me? This problem is ruining my holiday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys ive had the same problem with my mitsubishi carisma also the 97 model !!

I first noticed it as my headlights stopped working and my battery light came on same day
I replaced the alternator/battery relay coz it was getting so hot was told that was the problem,
but didnt work then took to auto-elec they said alternator regulator but decided to just change the whole alternator was like £10 more, that also didnt work and i still havent got any main beam lights or rear lights only sidelights also had the battery checked.
may be off no relevance but there was heavy rain that week and in my lane to get home i have to drive through pot holes that were a bit flooded is there any chance this problem could be related to water damage?
Also there is NO electirc running to the lights at all but is at the fuse junction or wherever it begins ??? any help really would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 97 Carisma since new and for the last 4 years i have had the same problem. battery warning light comes on....and sometimes stays on all day. I originally done what everyone suggests and changed battery, alternator fan belt....oh and also replaced fuses and relays just in case, but still no change. I have been using my car regular now for 3 and a half years with this light blinking at me and have not had any problems with the car or any charging problems.......just a light that wont stay out.
My suggestion is join the AA( or any other motoring orginization) and live with it .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys if anyone can help, i have much the same problem. The battery light has been on/off for the last 12 months, i changed the battery+alternator+belt and checked the fuses and it just syaed the same. Tonight out of the blue the headlights have stopped working. When i pull the stalk (as if you flash) i still get nothing, but i do have side lights.

I have checked the fuses but not yet had a chance to check the relay, any other suggestions other than getting a set of Night vision goggles?

Cheers, Mark

Update 26/03/11
I have checked all the fuses and relays (well my best mate has) and all are working fine. There is power to the relay in the engine bay for the lights, but no power back into it, the only way round this is to take a new live feed and jump the realy via a new switch in the car and back through an in-line fuse. Hopefully this will allow me to get some lights.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 96 Carisma 4G92 engine?

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had something like this happen on my 97 carisma but with the engine management light coming on even when there was nothing wrong i even took it to kwik-fit to get the alternator checked and they said it was faulty so i changed that and it turned out to be faulty wiring under the dash so i got a auto elec to come out and its now sorted

so i would get a auto elec to come out before spending money on new parts you may not need

1 - 9 of 9 Posts