Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 2.0 Turbo. When I bought the car the previous owner said it might be out of time. It had juat got a new Turbo before I bought it. I drove it home and it wouldnt go over 25mph and black smoke flooded out the exhaust. When we got it home my dad cut a hole in the exhaust because he thought the catalytic converter was stopped up. Didnt help at all. So I drove it to a shop and got it scanned. It wouldnt scan so I had to buy a new ECU. Then had it scanned agian the 2 main codes were for Mass air flow and fuel pressure regulator. So I bought them and it was still having the same problems. It has a rough idle and cuts off if you hit the gas. If I unplug the MAF sensor and it goes 25mph unless going down a hill itll go 35 but only rev up. No more power from the motor. I drove it to an autopart store and got it scanned it still says MAF sensor and now it says MAP sensor. Could something else be causing the MAF sensor code? None of the hoses are busted and no leak as far as I know. Could the MAP sensor be causing all of this? Maybe the MAF sensor I bought wasnt any good? I got it used from an import shop in NC that sells used parts.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Used parts do not have to be bad.

That said ... I would only buy from dealers that test the part AND give you a warranty.

Can you please post the codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The import shop said they tested it, but I called them and theyre sending me a new one out of a running car for free. Codes from the OBD2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts