Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i recently bought an 1998 mits grandis gdi imported from japan.. been fine for a couple of weeks but lately i have been getting a lot of probs.. like rpm goes crazy while idle ( especially when you turn the ac on ), loss of power, check engine lights turns on occasionally, even dies while i am driving. i did an oil change, replaced the spark plugs, even rebuilt the engine ( had piston rings changed and valve seals ). i am from the philippines the local mits dealer dont have a clue on whats wrong with it.. can you guys give advice or ideas? much appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ,

Same here... got issue with my engine for chariot grandis 99'... engine rattles alot.... tried to locate technicians in CEBU... but unfortunately no one knows about this engine they are all afraid... Gerwin from Cebu... even MITSUBISHI CEBU and MANDAUE won't fix it... It all started after GOODYEAR servitech CABANCALAN Mandaue City did not tighten the TIMING BELT TENSIONER properly to my dismay they even charge us extra even though they are part of the issue (not to blame GOOOD YEAR TECHNICIANS). After the Timing belt slip from its place ...we tried to fix it, but engine started to rattle strongly...i'm afraid that pistons might be affected... Any idea were to get parts for this???

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi! im also from Philippines...

i had the same trouble when we had a tune up (Change spark plugs etc...) after starting... the Engine light doesnt come off...

we brought it to MITSUBISHI but they didnt even looked at it... fortunately, the seller of our car did have some good mechanics... (maybe ask for yours too)

to our surprise, the problem is just because one of the connection box(just below the air filter) is not terminated...

maybe with your problem, try to look at that part first...

Local Mitsu here really sucks... even if we use their model, as long as its imported, they dont support it... :eek:fftopic:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts