Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know how to set the clock in a 1998 RVR? Its in japonese and has me utterly stumped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:) Me too. The same problem. Also don't know what the button on the drivers side dash with the i on it does? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm guessing then, that nobody here knows how to set the clock. Is every one running around with different time settings?

B

·
0 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member, you may know by now, but if not push the i you will see a indicator come up at the bottom of the left hand side front guard, it's used for parking etc.

B

·
0 Posts
Greetings, I'm a new member I to have a 98 RVR, if you have found out how to set the clock, could you let me know, cheer's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I hae a idea that the clock is automatically set by the gps system, and If we can't get into that, don't think it'll be possible, I think that the gps system is readng the time from the satelites, all be it in the wrong time zone or hemisphere

anyhow, hope we find a solution...
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
No one has come up with any ideas yet on how to set the clock. I would like to know if there is any conversions to English for these? Must be something out there surly. :gitara:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by woodyw@Mar 25 2007, 12:50 AM
No one has come up with any ideas yet on how to set the clock. I would like to know if there is any conversions to English for these? Must be something out there surly.  :gitara:
[snapback]90027[/snapback]​
I doubt if there is one unless one have the plug-ins and the programm needed to write another user interface. If anyone can manage it, i would be interested too lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
About the Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MMCS) 1996 - 2003
This car navigation system was originally intended only for the Japanese market, with the on-screen language hard-coded to Japanese, GPS system calibrated to the northern hemisphere and only maps of Japan available on the system CDs. It is an early example of the kind of GPS and multimedia functionality now built into most mid- to top-end cars. The MMCS system began appearing in some Mitsubishi models from the mid 1990's before being replaced with newer, more functional technology under the same MMCS name for Mitsubishi vehicles built from around 2003. The earlier version of the MMCS system is now no longer supported with official documentation and system 'boot up' CDs no longer available. The system is closed-proprietory with no currently known way to encorporate other nations maps, recalibrate the GPS system or the timezone, nor any way to change the language. In many countries there are still many imported Japanese vehicles with this earlier MMCS system on the roads which prompted ITEX to look at offering some support.
ITEX MMCS Documentation Description
ITEX (NZ) have created an easy to use 26 page English A5-sized overview of major MMCS features (e.g. Tape, CD, Aircon and audio/video quality settings) which can be sent via email as a PDF file. Updated to V1.1 in July 2008 to include added hints about compass inaccuracy in southern hemisphere, TV reception advice for non-NTSC TV signal countries and instructions for connecting portable DVD players and other video capable devices such as PSPs, iPods and Nokia N95 - plus some wiring diagram information which may assist in tracking down faults or further modifications.

Note that the documentation does not cover the touch screen version of the system, however may offer some general hints and advice.

ITEX (NZ) Also have various System Start CDs to get the system up and running if users have the blank screen or only the word "CD" appearing on screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts