Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have a problem that my Space Star 1.8 GDI, 1999 model came with built in system with Radio, Navigator/CD ROM player and Multifunction Display.

I want to replace the default CD ROM player/Navigator with a newer and better MP3 player. Can I do it by replacing simply this navigator part? Or will it effect the whole system? I would like to keep my Multifunction Display showing me MPG, track ID etc etc (BTW, its color display, not the black and white LCD). If it is possible, what kind of cables/connectors I will need in new stereo? I will be more than happy to get the audio out of new MP3 player, video is not needed.

Second thing is that I could not change the milage from MPG to KM/L. I would really appreciate this, as I am living in Finland and I would really like to have it in KM/L, rather than MPG. I can go to service mode (pressing F6 and DISP button while turning the ignition to ON). I can do somethings there but could not reach the KM/L or MPG mode.

I would really appreciate any help :)

Cheers

Ps: Picture has three parts, 1 means CD ROM/Navigator, 2 means Main Control and 3 is Multifunction Display.
[attachment=19761:2014_09_...19.16.27.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xrxaa01 @ Mar 21 2015, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe this link helps

http://mmc-manuals.ru/Old_Mitsubishi_Cars

Workshop Manual and wiring for your car

And this link is to firmware etc. for MMCS

http://mmc-manuals.ru/Audio:_Files

Maybe you find something there ...[/b]
Do you have any idea, dimensions of front stopper for engine mount? Mine says E on it, but as it is too crowded place, could not get the exact measure. Its chilling out today :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xrxaa01 @ Mar 22 2015, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry --- no idea.[/b]
One more question, if you can still bear :)

Last autumn, I got alternator/generator for car burnt. It was -13 C here. Temperature sensor stuck on that, so even when it is 0 C, it shows -13 and 0 C when it is +13 C Also fuel needle shows exact amount of fuel left, but MFD shows about 200 miles left, even with empty fuel tank. How to reset these sensors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was having a problem with my car, 1.8 GDI Space Star. Car was not getting started and when it did, went on too high RPM for idling (about 2500-3000 RPM). Also engine check light was blinking once a second. Using system on board computer, it gave me three errors which you can see from first picture. Their codes were 1021, 1041 and 1051 respectively. I got a friend of mine to use his OBD and other sophisticated computer systems to diagnose and he found that there is something wrong with throttle and it needs to be replaced. Picture of this diagnostic is also attached. After doing a bit of google, I found out that this model of engine (1.8 GDI, to be specific) has a common problem of throttle. You just need to remove the pipes, hoses and everything else and remove the throttle. After that you need to clean that throttle as well as intake system (as far as you can go). I used vacuum cleaner's plastic pipe to break stuff stuck to intake system and got it sucked at the same time. After connecting all cables and pipes etc, car works like charm :)

Ps: Some data is in Finnish language :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chain rattle @ Mar 29 2015, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I cant find an owners hand book to download

all the info I get is
if you update your radio section, the mitsubishi MFD LCD system will no longer function fully[/b]
Temperature sensor was updated when I put the battery terminal off and then back on after a while (about half an hour). Fuel still plays a little and I have to keep in mind that fuel light might go on even when MFD explains there is enough fuel for 100+ kilometers left.
Just a side tip: When I changed the time format to 12 hours, miles were also updated to kilometers :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (qasrani @ May 8 2015, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was having a problem with my car, 1.8 GDI Space Star. Car was not getting started and when it did, went on too high RPM for idling (about 2500-3000 RPM). Also engine check light was blinking once a second. Using system on board computer, it gave me three errors which you can see from first picture. Their codes were 1021, 1041 and 1051 respectively. I got a friend of mine to use his OBD and other sophisticated computer systems to diagnose and he found that there is something wrong with throttle and it needs to be replaced. Picture of this diagnostic is also attached. After doing a bit of google, I found out that this model of engine (1.8 GDI, to be specific) has a common problem of throttle. You just need to remove the pipes, hoses and everything else and remove the throttle. After that you need to clean that throttle as well as intake system (as far as you can go). I used vacuum cleaner's plastic pipe to break stuff stuck to intake system and got it sucked at the same time. After connecting all cables and pipes etc, car works like charm :)

Ps: Some data is in Finnish language :)[/b]
There was lots of s**t inside throttle intake. After removing that, magic happened and car is still working well, though I might to do it again (we have 95 e10 gasoline in Finland and it does not suite well with my car)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
In Germany they have for example Shell V-Power or Aral Ultimate.
These fuels are 100+ and do not have renewable elements - "pure" gasoline
The 95 E10 has lot´s of it - 10% - that´s your problem.
If no better fuel in Finland - be prepared to clean every oil change at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts