Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to this forum so please bear with me, I have just brought my Outlander am really pleased with it all but the fuel economy, the spec says it can do upto 156MPG however I am currently getting 37 MPG round the town including EV mode but only 34MPG on a run surely I am doing something wrong. When I brought it the garage told me I didn't have to press either the charging button or the save button. yesterday I did a 500 mile round trip and only just managed 250 miles on a tank of fuel. Where am I going wrong

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
362 Posts
are you charging car at home?

is the engine (ICE) running constantly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you charging car at home?

is the engine (ICE) running constantly?
Hi I am charging at home I have a type 1 to type 2 lead going into a type 2 charging station. Car seems to charge fine and I get about 15 miles on a full charge in EV mode. It's when the car is in normal or charging mode I'm having issues. Sorry don't know what u mean by ICE running consistently but it runs very smooth and tick over is very steady

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
362 Posts
I typed constantly, as in all the time. Is the petrol engine (ICE or internal combustion engine) always running, or does the car ever run in EV mode.

How many mile does 15 minutes equate to? What does your battery distance indicator say on a full charge?

And what issues are you having in normal or charge mode?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi sorry for the delay in reply when car is in EV mode i don't think the engine is running as the car is silent. In 15 minutes on EV the car runs for about 6 miles, and the battery charge indicator shows a full charge after charging and the words battery full charge come up on the instrument panel. In normal mode the engine runs and the battery charge indicator runs down very quickly from full in normal the battery indicator will show nearly empty after some 15 minutes charging. the battery does charge in charging mode and the indicator rises, but its the fuel consumption I am concerned about. The spec for my car says 156MPG I expected it to be somewhat less as the car is 6 years old but I am only getting 34MPG on a run surely this is not correct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts