Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm new on here & need help please.
Last weekend I crashed my spacewagon, wrote off the tailgate! I went to a salvage yard & bought an identical tailgate & fitted it, however when I wired up the various parts I seem to have knocked out some fuses. I doublechecked the wiring & it seems fine, I replaced the central locking fuse & that now seems fine but, for some reason my lcd display & stereo are down, my automatic choke isn't kicking in, my trip counter resets every time I switch off, basically everything that seems to need a memory (even the 30 seconds extra time to close elec windows after shutting off has gone!) has stopped. I've been thru the standard fusebox & can't find whats down. Any clues or is it a visit to the repair shop? Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the fusebox under the bonnet there is an interlinked double fuse. You have to pull the whole thing then check the two fuses once its out. One of mine was blown, replaced it and everything works now!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Off topic... my space wagon 2000 lcd display is showing distorted symbols and when i press the frame of the lcd especially between the bottons some distorted bottons get really better. Did anyone go through similar issue? How to disassemble/ repair?
Thnxs

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thnx for the guess...
What you mean to ease grey sorrounding? You mean pry with knife or blade?
I wont get a replacement clock I will just to repair/tighten screws of it i guess it is just a loose things or inside lcd carbon conductor needs repair/ replacement. I did repair lcd clock before and hope to get lucky again.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
If im not mistaken , you remove the centre ac air ducts , there is 2 screws that can be observed from behind . I wont say it just needs to be pried up a little , i will research

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok I will try to do that and let you know the findings.
Off topic... Could anyone explain what are these 2 lights ( the 2 similar green and orange lights in the center of instruments )representing ? There are also 2 bottons on the dash with the same symbols.
And what about the 2 green lights in the following pic
GDI eco lights only for 2 seconds when turn IGN to on then goes off and lights only when feathering gas pedal in such an economical driving I am not sure anyone knows what is this light stands for?
The upper right green angle with circle symbol light is operational but never came on ... I tried everything I know to discover how to make it come on but no luck. Does anyone know?
Fuel gauge: when tank is full the gauge points to 80% . And when switch IGN to off it points to 20% and only sometimes goes all the way to 0% . I tried to knock, tap checking connections and tighten instruments back circuit board screws but nothing changed. Other gauges/lights/illum lights work perfect. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hej people wake up! I fixed the fuel gauge it was just a dead fly sticking on the pointer ooooooh spooky.... Now it works perfect!
Other questions still need answers from you fellas
About the lcd, I had to pry the upper interior using knife, it has 6 clips holding it in place 2 clips on each side... then I found 4 screws holding the lcd thing... After I disassembled the whole thing I found the metal housing that holds lcd layers in place is a little loose & some of the PCB solderings are broken... Tighten the metal housing by force and re-solder and assembled everything back...
Wooohooo it works perfect!
Case closed

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Green light in center is for low beam
Blue one would be for high beam
Orange one could be fog lights or parking lights.
If orange one comes on first before green one its the parking lights (when switching on lights)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thnx xrxaa01 for the reply
And what about the instrument upper right corner green angle with circle symbol light... as in picture 2 ... It is operational but never came on ... I tried everything I know to discover how to make it come on but no luck.Do you know anything about it?
I also cant find the seat belt warning light on the instrument

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Can´t really help you with that one.

Generally speaking: green lights are good ... red ones bad (warning) ... orange sometimes too (e.g. check engine)
Red light - STOP - Orange light - get it done a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thnx for replies Just to mention that the fuel gauge pointer still in position of fuel level after I switch IGN to off and get out the car and after 2 days or whatever when I get in car I see the pointer is still points to the fuel level which means it wont rest after I switch IGN to off. Is that normal?
Another question : when low fuel warning lights on how many liters should be in the tank?
Thnx everybody!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts