Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if any of you knew first hand or would be able to help me any on finding out if the 20's with 285/50/20 would fir on the Endeavor without rubbing on the **** shock tower. i can deal with rubbing at full turn but the **** shock tower is bothering me
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently came accross some useful information... The Endeavor will hold a max wheel of 22" x 9.5" and a max tire of 265 x 760.0 with out modification. Just remever with larger wheels and smaller tires you will lose the "car-like" ride that the endeavor has. Check out the Endevors in CarDomains community to get a better understanding. People are generally helpful if you drop a line in their guest book. here is the link to my cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/id/EuroDeavor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok now i know its not just me going " what the hell is a 265 x 760.0?" googled euro conversion and i couldn't find it. My cuz that owns a tire shop was like :blink: sorry i'm over in the USA and we use standard and metric too i know but the second number is usually 2 digits not three. I did read all the info of that owner but i just didn't get the **** tire size listed. I'm pretty sure they would rub though but i could be wrong

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree little beeper. A tire size is WWWxPPxDD. Where WWW is the tire width in mm, PP is the percentage of the sidewall height/width, and DD is the wheel diameter.

Example
235x75R15

235 mm wide
sidewall 235*.75 = 175mm high
R15 has a 15" rim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok....didn't think about it that way now i get it. man feel like i'm in calculus all over again. "all you need to do is slow down and think about it for a minute son, it's all there" LOL :blush-anim-cl:

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'm not very good with conversions (" to mm) and all this tire size calculations. Could someone confirm that 255/50/20 tires will fit on Endeavor?

also, i see that a lot of people are putting 22" rims with 265/35/20 tires. It seems to me that these folks will be spending lots of money buying new tires when they hit a pothole. Actually, what is a reasonably safe profile for an SUV like Endeavor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts