Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

During winter the pcm occasionally gave CEL with fault code P0170 fuel trim malfunction bank 1, no drivability problems at all except cold start high RPM ca 2000 for a moment then everything is ok, engine runs smooth no noise no smoke and good power and fuel economy. I deleted the code then CEL and code comes back on ... Mostly 30 minutes after normal driving and check engine light comes on.
I checked, cleaned and replaced MAF, airfilter but no luck.
Now I suspect it is a vacuum leak somewhere but dont have a clue where or how to check.

Any help to get rid of this annoying CEL?
How to perform correct engine Idle learning after battery lead is away for 24 hrs?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Today I detected a little exhaust leak, little exhaust smoke seems coming from under engine and engine noise is a little increased when I sit in the car.
Can this leak be connected to the fault code P0170 fuel trim malfunction bank 1 that the car has ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO... I ended up changing the exhaust pipe front part inclueding flex pipe and new metal gaskets, the old pipe was cracked at the edge of the flex, started right up and then after 10 minutes driving CEL is history!

Thanks guys I appreciate your help!.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts