Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could anybody tell me where to locate the reverse light switch on a Carisma Mirage 1.6 2002?

The reversing light is not coming on at all, I have checked the fuse and the bulb which seem to be fine. There is no electricity coming to the reversing light.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The switch is located on the gearbox itself. Jack the car up and ensure it is steady and not going to drop on you by putting axle stands under it, because you will have to get under the car. Once you have a safe working environment, get under the car from behind the near side (passenger side in UK) wheel. You will be able to see the gear linkages etc. The switch is on the far left (by the wheel) vertical side of the 'box low down. It has two wires running to it these are encased in a black corrugated plastic type of flexible tube. The connector at the end simply pulls off. You need a 24 mm deep socket to get it off if its the same as mine, but there are 2 different types. However before you go to the expense of buying a socket, try undoing it with a pair of snipe nosed mole grips or similar. These switches are sometimes not very tight. Replacement switch is about 22 pounds. If you want to try and get one from a scrap yard lots of Renaults, some Nissans and Vauxhalls have the same switch according to the 'Net but cant vouch for the varacity of this information. The reversing light switch is referred to as the back up light switch by Mitsubishi in the manual if I am not mistaken just in case anyone needs to do a search and coming up blank on reversing light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts