Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time posting. I have a 2002 Mitsubishi galant with the 3.0 v-6 that will not start, but cranks. I believe its a ign problem because it wont start when using starting fluid. I checked to see if there was spark with the spark plug grounded, and there was. Next i used a adjustable spark tester to test for weak spark, and i found that it was a weak spark. However i do have the pdf workshop manual that im using to check ign circuit, but the 2001 is different from 2002 i think, does anybody a 2002 ign diagram?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[attachment=20018:mit_ign.png]
Im using this diagram, I got power to pin 1, continuity at pin 4-ground, and continuity from pin 3-pin 11 at PCM. The last check is pin 2- pin 43 PCM, but i don't see pin 43 at connector c-40? The slot is empty, there isnt a single white wire going to connector c-40? Something doesn't make sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya that link only has model years up to 2001, i tried searing rigorously for a 2002 or 2003 manual, but only up to 2001 is available online?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FIXED!!! Bought a used distributor out of the junkyard from a 2000 Chrysler sebring for $50. I know, used distributor not a smart idea, but i wasn't confident enough to pay $220 for a new and not have it work. I believed the old one failed because of the oil leak behind the dissy from a bad o-ring gasket. The used one looked like it was leaking too, so i'm gona make sure i get a new o-ring gasket to prevent the used one from failing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts