Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant 4 cylinder, one day i was driving down the road and it shut off and wouldnt turn back on. it cranks and get sooooo close to turning over but doesnt. i was told by a machanic it was the fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter. Still wouldnt start all the way. I know you can read a code and see what comes out but problem is the battery went so low that autozone couldnt read a code so they unhooked it and charged it, which earsed the codes all together so now im stuck. I replaced the camshaft postion sensor and still not starting. Everything sound fine when trying to start it. I was planning on gettin a crankshaft sensor and replacing that, but first i wanted to get some feed back on if thats what could really be wrong before spending more money. I have pretty much rules out that the timing belt has not broken, so im thinking crankshaft senor and if agreed with then I was trying to see exactly how to get to the crankshaft sensor. i know its under the timing cover by the right timing belt, but would i have to remove the belts? or is there a way around them? thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
could be numerous things. the immobilizer is one thing. how do yu kno it was the fuel pump. on this model, the fuel pump does not operate unless the engine is cycling(cranking) or running. It does not "prime" for 2 seconds when yu juss turn the key on like other models. So yu have to properly check the fuel system. After sitting a while does it initially seem to want to start then not, and after that , it uss turn over with no sign of possibly starting? Its likely the immobilizer system.

now yur being a little unclear altho, the starter is operating the engine , but the engine will not initally run?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo so i have a question, say i installed the battery the wrong way and blew the positive cables battery fuse, you know that little box on the end of the positive battery cabel? Well i did, and I also replaced that little fuse box but now its not starting. It'll crank and keep cranking but doesnt spark up, do you know what could be causing my 2002 Galant to not start?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts