Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo which has a buggered idle speed control motor. The cost in NZ for a genuine Mitsubishi replacement is $700. I have seen some one eBay for 2003 Outlanders and Evos and was wondering if anyone has had any luck using one of these?

I found an image of the two side by side at zerotohundred.com (see attached) where the ISC motor I have is on the left and the one on the right is what is commonly found on eBay.

Any help is much appreciated especially if I can save myself ~$650 NZD.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
When I look up ebay ads with both picture the listed compatible vehicles seems to be the same between them but that is only the e-bay listings. The difference in the ends make me cautious though. If there are available in your area I would check local wreckers and pull one from an outlander/lancer etc. Also it looks like this is a part that cross referenced to some Chrysler vehicles from when they were working together and it might be cheaper to order a brand new one from a dodge supplier than a mitsu supplier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah have looked into local wreckers but they still want to get around $200 out of me for a second hand one that could last a few thousand km's. I am also assuming my ISC motor as pictured on the left is Mitsy specific. Where the eBay style one on the right can be used with dodge and chrysler. I can't find any like i have on eBay. Any Airtrek search shows the same as those outlander ISC motors.

·
Registered
474 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (galant_gto @ Sep 1 2015, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah have looked into local wreckers but they still want to get around $200 out of me for a second hand one that could last a few thousand km's. I am also assuming my ISC motor as pictured on the left is Mitsy specific. Where the eBay style one on the right can be used with dodge and chrysler. I can't find any like i have on eBay. Any Airtrek search shows the same as those outlander ISC motors.[/b]
Did you get the OEM part number off the dealer? Anyo fthese numbers line up, MD628166, MD628318, 1450A069?

I believe they may all interchange

Could try here if you're happy to cop $200 for used then they have 3 here in AU warehouse at about $250 AUD new

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?region=258&q=MD628166

dealer love their margins. Those aftermarket seem quite cheap though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Yeah the dealer part number is JC1450A069 which is basically the last number you listed. Worth a try at least then for $30.

·
Registered
474 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (galant_gto @ Sep 4 2015, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi, Yeah the dealer part number is JC1450A069 which is basically the last number you listed. Worth a try at least then for $30.[/b]
sure, worst case if you have to go new gen then I'd go online and have it delivered from AMAYAMA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, i'll post back when i sort this out and let you know if it worked or not.
Won't be purchasing for a few months but in the mean time if anyone has tried one of these Outlander ISC's on their Airtrek let me know. thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts