Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!!
I'm writing from Greece
I have a second hand mitsubishi space star 1.3 2003 model and i have a problem with the trip computer.I put fuel into my car but the computer says that i don't have fuel and i hear a sound.The fuel guage is working perfect.
Is something that i can do ?
Thank's a lot!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you have refuelled the car, and you then get the low fuel warning sound, is the fuel gauge showing full? If it is not, and it is also showing as empty fuel tank, then it is likely to be the sender unit within the fuel pump module in the tank itself. I do not know what is involved to repair this.

If the fuel gauge is showing full, then it is a fault within the multi-function display unit, which may be cleared by a battery re-set. Before doing this, make sure you know the radio code, then dis-connect the battery negative terminal, and leave off for half an hour or so, and then re-connect. IF the fault is still there, then it is definitely the display unit, and you have to then decide whether to live with it or get it repaired / replaced. The workshop manuals show a procedure for diagnostics, but that involves kit that most owners do not have.

Be aware that dis-connecting the battery can cause rough engine running on re-connection, which should sort itself out when the engine is warmed up.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts