Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help my son service his 2003 Carisma DID, did oil and air filters OK, but couldn't find the fuel filter which was also due for replacement. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fuel filter is the trickiest part of servicing this vehicle.

You have to remove the fuse box on the top right hand side of the engine bay.

You need a star shaped torx screw to take the lid off.

1) Take out the old fuel filter and pop the new one in, easy.

Now, screw the lid back in. Mine was extremely hard to screw back in tightly. Not sure if this is just a thread problem with mine, or if they all need hard work to put back in.

Once it is in, you need to re-pressurise the engine. There is a rubber pressuriser you must squeeze fiercely a few times to do this. it is located far beneath the fuel filter system.

There is another rubber pressuriser you must squeeze, to pump fuel back into the fuel filter. This is located near to the fuel filter system.

Once bother pressurisers have been pumped and the lid is on firmly, turn the engine on.

There maybe some rough/low/lifeless idle... this means air has got into the system. if so, give it a few minutes to clear itself

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 i think it is under the rear seat, on the fuel pump inlet and quantity sender. on tank top
have to remove a big ring holding unit in place.
never done it but on my 2003 model I have looked in all the suggested locations and not found it.
on some other cars the fuel filter is in the tank a sort of mesh sock on inlet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts