Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people

have had this car for a while but GDI engine (4g93) seems to idle rough. mind u it is not horrable but all other cars i owned previously were smooth compared to this. have heard that this is how it usually idles but can u guys give some expert opinions on this matter. also between 80k and 100k if the excellerator is steped on hard the car shudders and jerks (CVT TRANSMISSION). this is a problem a lot of my friends have with their CVT Galants also.

THANKS in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there,
Have you tried checking your vacumm hoses? I was playing around with mine the other week (changing them to silicone ones) and after that, she started to idle funny. Reason was..instead of (one particular hose, think it's for the emission filter) having a 8mm hose all the way thru the filter, I had one end running a 10mm & the other end running a 6mm. Due to the differences in the hoses, the idle went funny. Changed them both back to 8mm & she idle beautifully!
Mine doesn't shudder during acceleration. Have you tried changing the the Transmission Fuild? I'm running Heavy Duty Red Line in mine.

Good Luck!

[attachmentid=5374]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Kaizen

thanks for the reply, i am using a mitsubishi trans fluid called SP3 as was recommended by my local agent in trinidad. somehow i think it has more to do with the quality of fuel available here (RON 95) more than anything else. what grade of fuel do u use also any clues on the belt # for A/C, alternator and timing (4g93 GDI)

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Over here we 98RON for the fuel, which is great!
Haven't done my belts yet but I'll try & find that out for you. Pour in a bottle of Octane Booster in 1 tank & see if that makes a difference, that way you'll know if it has anything to do with the RON level.
Process of elemination......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts