Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am grateful to have a forum like this to help me with this new purchase. I love this vehicle and look forward to many years of use. I would appreciate any ideas to help me diagnose this problem. This rear end jump is a head-scratcher. When I'm accelerating through the gear changes, the back end jumps to one side when I release the gas pedal. On steady/slow acceleration, this happens right after the 4th to 5th gear change without releasing the pedal; and at high acceleration, it happens when I release the gas pedal at any speed. I am scared that once winter snow comes, this condition will cause me to lose control and have an accident. It has four new tires, new upper and lower control arms in the rear, and a fresh 4 wheel alignment that was checked twice. It has 119K miles, and hasn't been beaten up or driven off-road. Thanks for your assistance.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Upon further inspection, I noticed that the rear passenger side CV boot is split open? Would internal joint wear from exposure to the elements, cause the rear end to jump as described?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts