Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -
Recently, my Outlander has started draining the condensation from the A/C into the passenger side foot area. I suspect the drain is plugged or kinked for whatever reason. But since it doesn't drain properly, I can't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, if you've experienced this before, what did you do to fix it and how can I prevent it from happening again?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to comment on this problem. Because I just had a plugged A/C drain on my wife's wife's 2003 Outlander.

I was used to being able to see an air conditioner hose hanging below the vehicle on other vehicles I've owned. I wasted about three hours searching of the drain outlet, before I finally found this thread.

My thanks to "mittech" for his brief comment,
It is under the hood and comes out of the bottom of the firewall.
This put me on the right track to finding this drain outlet.

On our vehicle it was close to the center of the firewall, and we were able to reach it from underneath, from the driver's side of the vehicle. It is very difficult to see even from underneath the vehicle. It would be easier to get to it, if you had the car on a rack or over a pit.

The catalytic converter is right there, so the engine should be cold to prevent burns. There is also a sub-frame right forward of the drain, that makes it hard to get to and even very difficult to locate visually. I finally spotted it by crawing under the vehicle from the passenger side and looking across, along the lower rear edge of the firewall. I got my son to crawl under from the driver's side and I had to tell him where to put his hand, until he could feel it. He couldn't even see it from that side.

We used a short piece (about 8 inches long) of thin wire with a tiny loop on the forward end, to stick up the hose to loosen the clog. It looked like about a quart of water came gushing out, as soon as my son was able to get the little piece of wire pushed up inside the drain tube.

I hope this is a help to someone else who encounters this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I kown i is late but for others like me here some photos. On the photo number 1 you can see the location of the drain plug at the right of the gaz pedal under the carpet.
On the photo number 2 it's where it was blocked at the bottom of the A/C case on my 2010 Outlander.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts