Mitsubishi Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Added another 5ml lubeguard instant shudder fix today taking the total to 25ml. I think I can say the shudder that was occuring in the 70-80km/hr range is gone, after about 20km drive there was only one occasion where there was a slight shudder in that speed range.
The car drives extremely smoothly.....but.....there is still a shudder occuring at the 60km/hr area. The outlander 1 will tend to stay in 4th gear at very low speeds if driven with light load on the gas pedal, if I'm driving at say 80km/hr I can slow the car down to about 50km/hr and then increase speed with light acceleration the car will stay in 4th gear, the revs will be quite low and a shudder occurs at around 60km/hr (if it stays in 4th and doesn't kick back to 3rd), this was also the case before adding the shudder fix additive. If I hit the gas a bit it will go back to 3rd gear and the higher revs will avoid a shudder at that speed.
So I will keep adding the shudder fix and see if the low speed shudder disappears also, but am very pleased to have the 70-80km/hr shudder finally gone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I added another 5ml ( lubeguard shudder fix) today, taking the total added to 30ml.
Drove around 20km or so, there is still no sign of the 70-80km/hr shudder, that issue appears to be resolved.
The lower speed shudder ( when in 4th gear at around 60km/hr under light acceleration) was still apparent but diminished significantly. Will drive for a few days as is, before adding another 5ml.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another 5ml antishudder additive gone in, 10km test drive, low speed shudder barely perceptible ( 50-60km/hr in 4th gear), it is still there on occasion but very minor, had one shudder at the higher speed around 80km/hr in 4th but was also almost unnoticeable.
So I suspect the next 5ml when added will pretty much see the shudder issue solved.
Will post results when done.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts