Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchase the 2003 outlander from a used dealership and the dealer said the gauges turned on after driving around for a while... It's been a month or so and they won't turn on 70% of the time the dash lights will always turn on with blinker signals and hazards working, how ever when I haven't driven for a while sometimes they will all turn on and won't stop working untill I turn the car off and try driving again then they all stay dead/dials at 0 and the digital gauges for the odometer stay blank, they will be either completely on or completely off when starting the car. They will never turn on intermittently. I checked all the fuses and none seem broken, but I don't know if it could be a relay or what. I'd rather not take the entire dash apart to get to the internals does anyone know what this issue may be caused from?

· Registered
5 Posts
Moffster, there will be a broken solder joint on the connector on the back of the dash. It is pin 12 of one of the connectors which is the ground wire for the indicator bulbs in the dash. Resolder it and all will be good again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts