Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=1508]Hi All.

I have only had this car for 6 months. It has a clunky front suspension. When you go over a bump and the car moves up or down it makes a sound like a door closing. It's worse when the car is cold and as everything warms up it almost goes away.

Any ideas would much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, i had the same problem on my CZT.. The front suspensions joints lost it's fabric lubrification due to overheat.. Just go to a Mitsubishi dealer and they will replace them for you (covered in the warranty).

Greets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I think I am experiencing the same problem. A rattle/chirp sound everytime the front wheel hits so much as a manhole cover? Goes away once the car has warmed up. I took my car to the local dealer and they listened to it and replaced the bumpstops saying they thought it sounded similar to a known fault that exists on the Space Star. However, that hasn't cured it.

When you say the "front suspensions joints lost it's fabric lubrification due to overheat" what bits does the dealer actually need to replace? Will they have to be replaced often or was there just not enough lubrication on them in the first place?

Has it cured the problem for good?

Any help much appreciated before I go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

I had a similar problem in November - but had difficulty in showing it to the dealer
because the roads near the garage were flat . I also had a problem with plastic covers near/under the steering wheel that came 1 cm out of their holders.

The dealer refitted the covers, and advised he had lubricated the front suspension under guarantee .I think this has solved the problem. After a few days the sound reduced .

This just leaves me the following to check out on my service visit .
The gearbox that is difficult to engage into rear when cold .I have to go through first gear .

I am also now not happy, with the seat in the low stand , I can feel the frame
and the hinge through the cover. The car is 9 months old and
stand 6300 km . My weight is 90 kg . I guess if I was 70 kg I would not have
this problem . model 5 doors 1.3 invite .

If anybody can help , or knows a suitable supplier of seat cushions /support
that fit , then please post a reply .

rgds
johnb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guyz,
I agree with the suspensions making wierd noises. Can i ask if anyone has any problem with the rear suspensions when you have passengers at the back (2-3 ppl). whenever i go over speed bumps ( even at a VERY slow speed) the suspensions will make a 'thump' sound, its telling me that the suspensions are maxed out. what should i do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts