Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time drive of the 2004 ls awd endeavor today, liked it alot, good ride adequate power, good interior passenger space, interested in purchasing but I need advice on value to mileage. 73,163 @ $12,954.
Also will need to install trailer hitch to pull jet ski's. I am sure a transmission cooler will be needed, any knowledge or suggestions about this application will be appericated.
Also any major concerns with this vehicle? Purchasing a vehicle isn't a pleasant experience for me, I begin the process with heartburn and it just progresses from there, the salesman is always reasurring I will make it through the process if I will just sign here and here and here, hey don't get me wrong I know he is just doing his job right? See what I mean and I haven't begun to make a decision yet.

Any help or advice with the above subjects is appreicated as long as I don't have to pay, ( I need the money for the down payment, heh-heh).

thank youse,
dfox

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the car already has an external trans cooler, so you're fine there. (it actually has 2 coolers).

the only real common issue on the 04s is a noisey propshaft. Occasionally, the front propshaft bearing fails, causing a noise that sounds exactly like a squealing drivebelt after 10-20 minutes of driving. The only way to fix it is to replace the entire propshaft, which is not a cheap piece.

also, there are several software updates to improve some minor drivability issues (such as an extended delay shifting into reverse, and excessive pinging under light load), but these updates are not necessary to have a reliable car. they just eliminate a few issues that most people didnt realize even existed. Plus, they may well have already been done to the one you're looking at.

otherwise, its like any other car. Make sure the maintenence has been done. Fluid changes are the most important, as besides the oil changes the trans, cooling system, transfer case and differential should have been serviced twice by that milage (every 30k).
also, mitsu recommends the timing belt be changed at 60k, but they are MORE than tough enough to make it to 100k, no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts