Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. Love the car but have noticed a whinning noise on my Endeavor ever since I got in a accident (dented front bumper had to be replace). Anytime I seem to go over 40 the whinning noice starts and continues until I go back under. Confusing thing is on hot days the noice tends to start sooner then on cold rainy days.

Anything I can check ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started having the same problem after I put the spare on. But that had nothing to do with the whiny noise coming from the engine.

One place couldn't duplicate the problem. Another checked the belts and decided it was the AWD system. The third (dealer) couldn't duplicate the problem, although I hear it no matter how fast/slow I drive or hot/rainy it is.

I finally got a diagnosis after taking it to a 2nd dealer:

The problem is the center bearing in the drive shaft under the vehicle. Unfortunately, the bearings are sold with the drive shaft. The drive shaft alone costs $600+. The mechanic at the last dealer said it works fine, it is just a noise I will have to tolerate if I don't want to replace the shaft.

I did find something on the internet regarding the drive shaft on 2004 endeavors. They were recalled b/c the bolts may be loose or missing. Recall ID # 04V314000. Call (800) 222-0037 to find out if your vehicle is one of these. I definitely am.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.
I am having the identically same problem with my '04 endeavor. My question is to anyone who has had this fixed is: Was it covered under the powertrain warranty. The parts we are talking about are under the covered parts listed in the warranty. I do not see how this could be a 'wear and tear' type of problem that would not be covered under warranty. Any response would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts