Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a common problem that I see other people are facing. I have 2004 Galant GTS with the stock infinity sound system. I am trying to connect subs and an amp to my car. Everything is connected but the subs are not receiving any signal from my head unit. I know that many other people have this problem and was wondering if anyone has connected their stock infinity system successfully and if so how? Please let me know. Could this be all I need http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product.php?productid=5448 ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You will need the amp bypass because the Infinity sound system is not wired up to be easily replaced with aftermarket parts.

The Amp is connected to the head unit by a DIN cable (round black plug) and that's how the audio channels go to the amp, and then to the speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you mean that the audio signal is not getting to the speakers, or that the amp isn't turning on using the remote wire (blue). What pin/wire did you hook the blue wire up to on the stereo?

I got my sub working this morning (a different way) but couldn't locate a wire that got hot when I powered on the stereo. Maybe I missed one...

Either way, as a note to others, the amp isnt connected to the head unit on my '04 using the round DIN cable. It's different than previous models with mine having 13 pins (this is why the online retailers list the connector as up to '03). The deck is made by Matsushita (Panasonic and others) and the reference model number on mine is cq-eb0360l for those curious.

I believe the DIN on this model is for external accessories (ex: cd changer). Others have made this into an AUX-IN for their ipods on similar model head units. This may or may not work on this one... thats an experiment for the weekend maybe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts