Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have purchased a 2004 Mitsubishi Grandis (european model) with the onboard large screen navigation system. Problem with this navigation system (specialy developed for Grandis) is that it isnt canbus compatible. All functions like outside temperature, fuel consumption, average speed and state of the climate control dont work. Mitsubishi says they are working on a solution for this error but my dealer says it is probably never gone work. Does anybody know how to get (some) of these functions working on this navi (with PH-3000XP -terrible-radio) ?? I can only watch the navi n radio screen in a working state. The rest of em are almost empty or arent giving me the correct information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Dennis@Dec 13 2004, 10:53 AM
Hi guys,

I have purchased a 2004 Mitsubishi Grandis (european model) with the onboard large screen navigation system. Problem with this navigation system (specialy developed for Grandis) is that it isnt canbus compatible. All functions like outside temperature, fuel consumption, average speed and state of the climate control dont work. Mitsubishi says they are working on a solution for this error but my dealer says it is probably never gone work. Does anybody know how to get (some) of these functions working on this navi (with PH-3000XP -terrible-radio) ?? I can only watch the navi n radio screen in a working state. The rest of em are almost empty or arent giving me the correct information.
[snapback]3419[/snapback]​

Hi Dennis,

Dont know much about the navi system bcause mine doest have it.Particularly this sort of thing require resetting of certain electronic setting of the navi system.I think gotta wait a while untill Mitsubishi solve this problem.Btw how u find this car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Grandisan@Dec 22 2004, 01:14 AM
Hi Dennis,

Dont know much about the navi system bcause mine doest have it.Particularly this sort of thing require resetting of certain electronic setting of the navi system.I think gotta wait a while untill Mitsubishi solve this problem.Btw how u find this car?
[snapback]3981[/snapback]​
The car drives fantastic...nothing wrong with that :lol:
But that d*mned tripcomputer that doesnt work :angry:
Think im never gone buy another Mitsubishi in my life....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Dennis@Dec 23 2004, 10:40 AM
The car drives fantastic...nothing wrong with that  :lol:
But that d*mned tripcomputer that doesnt work  :angry:
Think im never gone buy another Mitsubishi in my life....
[snapback]4069[/snapback]​

Got to admit though,the ride is fine,although it suits better for highways,but the initial pick up is degrading...brake is a sleeper.
Mitsubishi got to wake up their bloody idea and sort out some glitches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have got the Japanese model and all those meters works. You need to go to Information the driving info for average speed and fuel consumption and so on. Or go to Environment info for temporeture.

The problem I have with my Grandis is I can't figure out a way to set the current date and time. It is still in 2000! How do you set time on yours?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello fellow Grandis owners, if it is the owners manual for the Multi display station some people are missing, I might be able to help. Send me a PM with email info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
from what i've been xplore on my japanese version grandis, i think that the clock cant be adjust due to wrong satellite. same goes to other function such as average speed and etc.. just my 20 cents

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a Grandis Warrior with the screen and NAVI. same thing - some features are not avaiable on the screen (heater airflow / outside temp etc) boo hoo.

What I would like is to know if it is possible to rig up the Rosen roof mounted dvd player so it also plays on the front navi screen as well as the rear one. At least the front passenger could watch a bit of telly too while on a big journey :)

The display selection button on the radio for cycling though either radio, Navi or off does not give any inclination there may be an aux input for the screen, so I guess at the moment it's not possible unless anyone out there knows otherwise - then please let me know!

ps great car even if it is a little on the thirsty side.

cheers
Gav

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
umm yeah...it was started in 2004

if you are still having issues with a 2004 navi mitsu should have fixed it by now...

and nowadays most phones have better navi....

·
Registered
8 Posts
ummm cheers for that.

no not having problems at all. I dont have a 2004 model, have a 2006 Grandis warrior and navi works a treat. Just wanted to get more features out of the navi screen.

ho hum

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
dont know...
we dont have the grandis here...

so i dont know if the displays are the same...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts