Mitsubishi Forums banner

2004 Lancer Ralliart Stalling.. Automatic.

601 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nicholaslatkolik 
#1 ·
Hey so I was seeing if i could get some insight shed on my situation with my lancer ralliart. My car will run for about 20 minutes max and then bog out and stall. Right before it stalls it seems theres a misfire and exhaust backfire. I had a code come up Running rich. I brought it to my mechanic and hes scratching his head as I am. He ran it through diag and everything looked normal except for a stuck open EGR valve which has been replaced. I have personally changed:

• Air filter
  • MAF sensor
  • Upstream O2 Sensor
  • Fuel Pump and Fuel Strainer

The only problem that i know of that MIGHT be causing it is the o rings for the spark plugs are dusted there is oil leaking into the spark chamber. My mechanic said that that would not cause it completely die, it would just run like crap. Want some opinions, because where im from the used car market is insane people selling 1990,s civics with over 300k km for 4g's, so im not looking to replace my car, plus i love my car. Id also like to note that my mechanic checked, fuel pressure, electrical, vaccum, engine compression etc, says its all where its supposed to be. Help lol

Known issues:
O rings need replaced for spark plugs
Filler Neck has hole
Squeaky Belt

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.