Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the clips but it's either secured on the bottom or by the tube that leads to it, how do I change the filter?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I replaced mine with a knock off replacement that wasn't quite the same. From my experience, you have to be pretty rough with it. In the manual it shows the clips. Once those are off, you really have to be forceful to pull off the cover. Getting the filter back in is the hard part. When you take it off watch how it is aligned and try to do the same. Getting the cover back on was very difficult and I almost gave up and got frustrated and really pulled on it and it magically snapped into place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So nothing else needs to be disconnected just release the clips? I have a 2005 Endeavor and a 2004 Lancer and they both have the clips. Does the air intake need to be disconnected or the intake hose behind the air filter box? Thanks
JMV

·
Registered
39 Posts
No. I'm pretty sure air filter replacement is in the users manual too. I guess you could take off whatever hoses you wanted to if it made it easier, but I don't think its neccessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks much, I will give it a try on the Endeavor. I changed the one on the Lancer today and it was really simple. It is however a little different style than the Endeavor.
JMV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts