Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just joined the forum and want to say Hi to everyone!

Can anyone offer advice on how to remove the factory stereo unit from my recently purchased 2005 Colt? I have removed the glovebox to gain access to the rear bulkhead but cannot see an easy way of getting the unit out! I want to remove the factory single DIN CD player and the underneath tray to make room for a new double DIN system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, DC

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.
This is my first communication with the community of the forum. I'm George Gravanis from Greece and I own a 2004 Colt 1.3 and a 2003 Outlander 2.0 4WD.
I removed the factory cd player from my Colt today. You can take a small knife and put it in the holes which there are in the upper front side. You will feel an easy push inside. Try to pull out from the down side. If you do it carefully you will not find any problem. You don't have to remove the underneath tray. Any way, I don't think that you can put a double din unit because there will remain a lot of space around the unit. There must be an adaptor from Mitsubishi in order to replace the factory cd player. Does anyone know if there is such an adaptor?

George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks George, I'll take another look tomorrow. Although I said I was fitting a double DIN, it's actually 2 x singles, no doubt another headache will be looming to get those to work! If all else fails I'll take it to an in-car store and no doubt get a massive bill! The joys of motoring!!!! :crying:

UPDATED: Managed to get the dash apart and remove the factory CD. Bit of a pig job but got there in the end. See pic.

DC

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just changed from the standard cd player, having some ICE installed wed/thurs. The h/u is a easy take out and the adapters 2 fit round the h/u are £10 and look pretty decent. i have a play around with the mpg button and have created a PTM button hidden under the dash 2 change it (dont chage it very often). Also its £47 2 have the steering controls added 2 a pioneer h/u or £35 for all other h/u's. Hope this helps, will get some pics up for you all on thurs wen complete but trying to keep it looking 99.9% standard

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the way I did it, the Pioneer NAVI headunit is already displaced by a JVC DVD Radio headunit ;) It fits even better now :grin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by edd666999@Jun 26 2006, 06:08 PM
I have just changed from the standard cd player, having some ICE installed wed/thurs. The h/u is a easy take out and the adapters 2 fit round the h/u are £10 and look pretty decent. i have a play around with the mpg button and have created a PTM button hidden under the dash 2 change it (dont chage it very often). Also its £47 2 have the steering controls added 2 a pioneer h/u or £35 for all other h/u's. Hope this helps, will get some pics up for you all on thurs wen complete but trying to keep it looking 99.9% standard
[snapback]57705[/snapback]​
How did you get the trip computer to work with an aftermarket HU?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would also be interested in knowing how the mpg etc etc display still works with an aftermarket head unit.

Mostly interested as wouldn't mind having usb/3.5mm headphone jack on a H/U

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

New to the forum, just got a 2014 Mitsubishi Colt sport and will be swapping out the radio for a double din 7" screen from ebay.

not purchased anything yet as still looking.

I have done a little research and all looks OK but i will have to sort out the mpg button on the stock radio.

i will try to trace out the wires if its a simple contact will post the details, dont recommend just shorting out the lines in the remote control plug as this may be IIC or SPI serial comms and it could kill the display.

I will post on progress when i start, should be in a couple of weeks start in Aug.

Any advice re radio remote or general things to look out for on the car would also be appreciated.

thanks

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've just joined the forum and want to say Hi to everyone!

Can anyone offer advice on how to remove the factory stereo unit from my recently purchased 2005 Colt? I have removed the glovebox to gain access to the rear bulkhead but cannot see an easy way of getting the unit out! I want to remove the factory single DIN CD player and the underneath tray to make room for a new double DIN system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, DC
I see it worked out fine for you. I was a little too late to give advice here.
I have changed the headunit and all speakers in my 2010 Colt + installed CTK-noise suppression. Pioneer Headunit + Alpine speakers. - I would like to note that the factory speakers are decent whenever the headunit has been changed.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts