Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2005 Galant ES is pre-wired for installing Fog Lights? I have been told no by the dealership, but I read where the 2004 ES was pre-wired. This is my first post and this forum is great? Thanks in advance!

AB9JK

·
Registered
18 Posts
All of the Mitsubishi Products produced in the United States will have the same wire harness. A cost saving method to producing 3 or 4 harnesses and having the wrong one installed online. This was started with the ps-st series models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, Just to further the information. 05 Galant D and ES do NOT come pre wired for fog light kit. Upon recieving my kit I proceded to install. There was No wiring harness in the dash board for the OEM switch. There was wiring plug at the lamps themselves.
Well could not go any further. Went to mitsubishi dealer, they called Mitsubishi tech alert
and were told to abort any installation. they would not give any other install options and factory said Kit was not for my model. ES. Maybe some LS have a harnes but D and ES do not. Caused a lot of frustration and had to return kit. I tried an outside installer, but all tried to make a big deal to run new wires.

Regards,, B

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this help but I just installed the fog lamps in my '04 ES. Very easy to do. Check out JimFeltsMitsubishi on EBAY. He has the OEM lamps for 109.95 with cheap fast shipping. They are a actual real Mitsu dealer and all their stuff is OEM. I have bought a few things from them. Alex in parts (from this ebay store) would definately know the answer to your question. :beer:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have an 06 galant but idk wat version it is (ex: de, se, es) it doesnt show anythin on my title or on the back of my car but i know its the 2.4l i just want to know if it already comes prewired for the foglights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just installed my foglights it came out lookin great..... just have 2 questions for everyone else who has there fog lights on..... from an upclose front view of the foglight you can notice that its not a snug fit... it has spaces around the lense... has anyone else had this problem?????????? ............ also my foglights only turn on when my headlights are on

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I'm a new member of the forum and I've red your posting related to the fog lights.I drive a 2005 Galant ES and I've installed myself the lights (the car it's already prewired up to the dashboard) the only thing that I'm missing it is the switch(MItsubitshi Canada will not sell only the whole kit $200) and at canadian tire their switches won't match the original plug.If you can help I will realy appreciat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Guys,

I got mitsubishi galant 04 DE, Think i have the same problem as you guys have.
I;ve check my bumper it has a wire, i've check the FUSe/Relay on my engine it has a terminal for the RELAY.
I;ve check the FUSE/RELAY on the dash board side and I dd'nt find any spare wire which should be connected on the FOG Light Switch.

Is there anyone tried to find a wire coming out from the engine going to the dash board and identify it is a fog light wire?
I parked only in the streets and don't have any garage to dismantle and find the truth or tapped a wire on the ETACS/ECU. It should have a spare connector where a wire can be connected since FUSE/RELAY on the engine side have a terminal for the FOG RELAY. There should be a connection. Mitsubishi will not put a terminal on the FUSE/RELAY side with wire if it has no use, I guess.

Your information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sterling_silver

·
Registered
48 Posts
Guys,

As an update of Mitsubishi Galant DE 2004 if possible to add an Mitsubishi OEM fog light the answer is BIG NO. I myself have conducted a check on all of the cable that fog light be needed in order to work.
It is true that Fog Light Wire and connectors from the Front Bumper exist. Also, FOG LIGHT relay on the RELAY BOX of the Engine compartment also exist. but the problem of this relay connection to the FRONT ECU which is on the RELAY BOX itself doesn't have connection. No connection too from FRONT ECU and RELAY BOX to the JUNCTION BLOCK (ETACS/ECU on the DASH PANEL). I have based all connectors and terminal termination on the mitsubishi electrical manual. Hope this information helps. Instead of installing FACTORY FOG LIGHT from mitsubishi, we can still have a FOG LIGHT by installing aftermarket.

Sterling_Silver

1 - 12 of 12 Posts