Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post!
I bought a 2005 ES Lancer about 8 months ago, short story is the head gasket went the same day I bought it lol, so fast forward to now I just got it fixed seeing as I had a work car and didn’t need it until now. So I picked it yesterday. The top end (head) was completely reconditioned and is pretty much brand new, but the mechanic said to just drive the car normally and keep it under 4k revs? Is that sus or? I really want to give it some pedal but it’s worrying that he’s told me to keep it under 4k. I know I sound stupid but it’s a fun little car with the 2.4L mivec so she rips pretty nice and sounds super nice but what’s the point if I can’t floor it here and there? So anyway the main question is what’s the chance of causing another problem or blowing the head again if I give it some every now and again? Do I have to run the head in for a couple weeks? I’m new to head rebuilds so I need some reassurance I guess. Thanks guys, look forward to the help.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
378 Posts
There is no reason you would need to run in a head repair. I have never given that advice before or heard of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no reason you would need to run in a head repair. I have never given that advice before or heard of it.
Thanks for the reply man! Yeah it sounded so odd to me. I really wanna give this car some pedal cause I only just got to drive it after 8 months but for some reason I’m hesitant to. What are the chances it happens again?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts