Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2005 mitsubishi outlander (2.4 L Limited AWD) to an autoparts store to check codes. It shows a P0456 code. The report given to me says the most likely solution is to replace the EVAP purge control valve. They printed the code report, printed the quote for the replacement part, and I went home to find it online, (cheaper) for further replacement. Later I noticed the replacement part they told me is the EGR Vacuum Solenoid and not the EVAP purge control valve as it was indicated in the code report.

Anyways, I purchased the EGR vacuum solenoid but could not find it anywhere in my car. I looked at diagrams with no clear success (which by the way, this model is poorly documented, not even chilton nor hayes manuals for it) Lurking around, followed all intake manifold vacuum tubbing, I finally found a part that most likely would have a similar purpose. I could find nowhere something like the new part I purchased. It is different from the purchased part. From it’s stamped part number, K5T48477, looked online and it has several different names: Turbo pressure solenoid control valve, Valve emission solenoid, Emission vapor canister purge vacuum control valve, etc. None is indicated for my car.

My question to the group is: is it the same part, I mean, do they have the same functionality? Or is the EGR vacuum solenoid hidden somewhere else? Or is the real problem the EVAP purge control valve as the code report says, and it is not the solenoid valve? Which path should I follow?

In the attached picture is the recommended replacement part I was told at the shop (EGR vacuum solenoid part) the bottom is what I suspect would have the same functionality (K5T48477).

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
the fuel tank upper nipple is rusted out, or the vent soleniod is not sealing! This is an evap code not EGR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts