Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my new Colt 1.1 3 door in black last Friday. VERY impressed so far, but for one thing.

Now I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, or if this annoying sound actually sounds louder than it is because I'm thinking of it, but there is a constant high-pitched monotonous buzz sound coming from my central display (with the clock and radio/cd display) as soon as I turn the key and the clock comes on, before I even start the engine.

And this buzz is sooooo annoying. Although it is at quite a low volume, it is very high pitched and although it is mostly drowned out when I have the radio or a CD on, a change in track or some dead air on the radio makes this ear-terrifying sound creep through and I am beginning to hate driving!

It is really starting to do my head in.

Has anybody got any suggestions before I take it back to the dealers?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just take it back to dealers,there shouldnt be any noticeable noise and if you try sort it yourself and fail your garage will probably cancel your warranty if they find youve been taking bits off, its pro just a little fault that they should fix and you can get back to enjoying silence.....except for the road noise :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
and since you only got it last week if you kick up a little bit of a fuss and tell them how disappointed you are with the fault maybe you can try get something free out of it :grin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yello!
The display does make a noise due to the fact it has a flouresant backlight that reguires a lot of high energy at little power output, and can humm or buzz, there is nothing wrong with the display, as some sony eqipment also has this!
I`m sure u`ve been into a shop that has buzzing lights (and so u now know!)
" :) High power causes the caq inside the tutbes to get xcited and in turn u get a light source......

·
Registered
7 Posts
the display is LCD so does not make any radiation or emf noise like a flurescent fitting.
take the car back and the garage will sort it out under the after care service. I had some squeeks coming from the suspension and passenger door, this was fixed with a simple visit (I think they just sprayed WD40)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmm my car does a similar noise! Might mention it when it goes in for its service in a month or two. I agree, its fine if you're motoring or listening to music, but if you're stood still or just going slowly it really gets to you!

Rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have changed the light in the center display, and it's two filament bulbs that light the display up, so no noise. There is no component inside that can make that buzz. There IS a buzzer inside for beeps when adjusting clock and reset etc, but it's totally silent otherwise.

The sound you are hearing are coming from the engine compartment. It's very normal for electronic injection systems to have this sound when on.

// Per.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
I too have the same problem with the buzzing noise and the dealer also tried to says its normal but I know another persone with a colt and guess what no noise..... they even loaned me a colt wile the were checking it out and guess what.... no noise.

Its very frustrating and its going in on monday to be looked at again...arrrrr

If I find out any more i will pm you and if you know any more that may help me please do let me know.

here is hoping out ears will be in peace soon lol

best regards

Tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just came across this post as I have the same problem - Has anyone got it fixed under warranty...Where is the problem coming from -is it the LCD panel or the backlights??? How easy it to get the LCD panel out of the dashboard - not that I'm going to look until the dealer has investigated. My dealer is a 40 mile round trip so I'm worried that I'll go down there and they will try and say its normal...

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cumbriacolt @ Sep 23 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just came across this post as I have the same problem - Has anyone got it fixed under warranty...Where is the problem coming from -is it the LCD panel or the backlights??? How easy it to get the LCD panel out of the dashboard - not that I'm going to look until the dealer has investigated. My dealer is a 40 mile round trip so I'm worried that I'll go down there and they will try and say its normal...[/b]
Have you had any luck in stopping the buzzing noise? Have same problem on a 2007 model and buzzing noise is getting under my skin!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone find out what this noise was, I’ve recently had some work done so the car is quieter which means I can now hear this whine again and it’s so annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts