Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a loss as to where to look to fix this problem. All fuses are good, I even changed the control box attached behind the dash fuse box, checked wires and everything, nothing comes up. I read a few months ago about someone having this exact issue on his 2005 Endeavor and traced it to a ground(?) cable underneath the carpeting. This makes sense except that I can't find any cables under my carpet, nothing that might even look like a ground cable. This rings close to my issue and makes sense. My AC system drained water onto the drivers side carpet some time ago because as Endeavor owners know, the AC draineage pipeline or orifice clogs and you get a pool of water under the carpet. That probaly creates corrosion for any exposed electrical connection, but I have not seen anything like that under the carpet. So I'm back to zero on this matter.

Any help or insight is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My guess would be that the ground wire would be in the back near the tail lights.See if you can follow the wires from the tail lights to ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess would be that the ground wire would be in the back near the tail lights.See if you can follow the wires from the tail lights to ground.
Will check today and report what I find. This is a weird problem. The way I see it is if there was an electrical problem with turn signals and hazard alone as in this case, there should be a relay somewhere in charge of supplying current that failed to power that circuit, because only the turn signals and hazard are affected. Parking lights work, brakes work, headlights work, dome lights work, power windows work, everything electrical works. That crosses the turn signal handle off the list. Then there's the module on the back of the fuse box that clearly states it takes care of turn signals, I swiped it out for two others I purchased used from that buying site and nothing. Chime works from that module also (and if you mistakenly order a different year module, the chime might sound different). BTW, when switching modules you loose key entry programming and you have to reprogram the new box to your key. The original module maintains it's settings, once you plug it back in your key will work again just fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, the other Endeavor owner that I cited earlier that also encountered this problem had stated that the ground wire was under the carpet (maybe it's a connector he takes for a ground wire?). That is why I assumed that the drained water from the AC that slowly accumulated under the carpet created corrosion on a terminal contact somewhere that might be causing this issue. Still, the floor and sides are clean of any wiring for that matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked the complete rear end wiring (up to where I could of course), nothing seems wrong or out of the commonly dirty wires at the rear, that are now clean. I would hate to take her in for a non-warranty inspection and get rammed dollar-wise for something that could be the simplest of things to fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just bumping this post...

Still have not resolved this issue. This is definitely electrical, but where else should I be looking? I am technical/mechanical/electrical oriented and know my way around engines, which makes this more frustrating, so no worries if anyone needs to get into tech details. I'm certain there are other owners out there that must be looking to solve this issue too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts