Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i recently purchased megan racing headers. as i was undoing the nuts and bolts of the stock manifold i noticed that unless i drop the turbo down i cant change them out. if anyone has any suggestions/advice, that would be very helpful or a link to a website. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so ive had my headers installed since september and everything has been fine, until a couple days ago. i was driving with my friend to go out to eat, and i heard a noise that sounded like a bad header leak, i wasnt driving hard or anything, just cruisin. i popped the hood and found that one of the big bolts that goes on top of the header was missing, if anyone has had this happen to them and they got a replacement and had a phone number, email, or link. i have been looking for 2 days and ive emailed megan racing and i havent got anything back.

picture of headers

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
the big holes where the arrows r?

u can probably get a pipe plug at a hardware store...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes to where the arrows are pointing.

and ive tried a few different pipe plugs but they have either been the wrong threading or round on the top so no way of getting it very tight.

the one i still have is like a 21 mm socket and that one is really tight. thanks for the ideas, im still looking tho.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Those plugs are for the SAS system on the JDM evos (the factory anti-lag) You can call up a dealership and have them ordered. The OEM ones will be the same thread and size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts