Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2006 V8 raider 2WD four door crew cab or whatever it is. I don't pull anything and am not a speed freak. I'm looking for ways to improve my mpg that don't cost an arm and a leg. I have calculated my mpg since I bought the car about six months ago. I get an average of about 15.5 mpg. The vehicle is completely stock.

What things are the best bang for the buck when it comes to mileage?

- New plugs? I have heard that this can help.

- Cold air intake.

- Truck bed cover.

I have also been thinking about having it reprogrammed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a bed cover on and put in a K & N filter. I get about 17 mpg. Towed a trailier over the weekend and still got 15 mpg using the tow/haul gearing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it worth the extra money for a CAI over a k&n stock filter replacement? As far as MPG is concerned?

Also, I still have the original plugs in my Raider. I heard that replacing them with higher performance plugs can help. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I"ve been thinking about Syn oil and E3 spark plugs. I saw a episopde of Hot rod where they dyno'd a motor and used E3 spark pllugs and got like 3 extra HP then they added Royal Purple and got like 5HP more. Both gave more MPG as well - or at least less fuel during the run as compared to the baseline run.

The best I got mPG wise on my V8 DuroCross 4 dr was 20.5 but during hte trip I was following the moving van and on the way back I played follow the leader with a Tahoe for like 100 miles! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts