Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

If I can get any assistance with this that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2007 Colt CZ3 which will not crank over or start. I have checked the battery charge which is okay, checked starter fuse and relay which are both okay, I have cleaned the starter motor terminals too but still no good. When trying to start there is no click of the solenoid. The car will not jump start from another car but will bump start.

Any ideas would really help.

TIA

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are you getting 12v when turning the key down to the small terminal on the starter? Are you getting 12v all the time at the bolted terminal on the starter motor?

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok, then check from engine earth point to battery negative. try starting. should be less than 0.5v. if it is less than 0.5v then its likely the starter has failed. If more than 0.5v then engine earth cable is faulty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, then check from engine earth point to battery negative. try starting. should be less than 0.5v. if it is less than 0.5v then its likely the starter has failed. If more than 0.5v then engine earth cable is faulty
I am not getting voltage at all so my starter must be the issue.

Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hit starter motor with a hammer when trying to crank over. if it stats then you know you have to but some real tools

1 - 8 of 8 Posts