Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few weeks ago at stop lights my oil light would come on. of course, like anybody else, I panicked and pulled over to the nearest convenience store and open the hood and check the oil. Much to my relief, it was full and clean.

What is causing this oil light to come on.? sometimes I'll get up in the morning and the oil light will pop on just from sitting in the garage until I drive a few feet and then it stops dinging.

There is no consistent way of driving where you can repeat this. So my concern is this semicolon is my oil pump going bad? Is the oil sensor bad?

It's been my experience that major issues like this, usually have some silly simple solution. And since my local dealer has moved almost a hundred miles away, I want to check here first before I start on that trek.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions that you can offer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, I am curious I've been searching all over the nets, where is this sensor at? My search results have been coming up with Jeeps a Dodge Dakota which is probably the closest. And miscellaneous other Mitsubishi cars. But for some reason the raider is extremely elusive on the net for information.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The symptoms are intermittent, but I can't think of a bad pump that could do that, so I think the pump is good. Anyone else know?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agreed, but nice to hear a second opinion. It's been getting worse (that dinging noise is annoying) I might just replace it, just to cancel out a faulty one. Does this truck have a alert for oil change? if so, is there a way to turn it off? It is just a oil light only.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oil pressure sensor needs checked. Usually the dealer can check it for you.

Sadly the Mitsubishi dealer closed down, in our METROPOLIS!!! and the closest one is almost 100mi.
I suppose any dealer can do this or favorite mechanic?

And due to the intermittant light, safe to say the pump is probably fine? Oil is still clean, and full. Oil change due in 1,000 miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts