Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max Power = Horse Power
Max Torque = Foot Pounds

Dyno's performed on DynoJet Model: 248x - 2-wheel drive.

1. Stock dyno (roughly 2,000KM odo) [chart fixed]:

[attachment=10155:marcinstock.jpg]

Max Power = 132.74
Max Torque = 136.69

2. Mod - Magnaflow cat-back, RRM Pulley (roughly 58,000KM odo) [chart fixed]:

[attachment=10156:marcinmagnaflow.jpg]

Max Power = 137.86
Max Torque = 140.79

Gains:
Power = 5.12
Torque = 4.1

2.2 Mod (TEST) - Magnaflow cat-back, RRM Pulley, air filter removed from box (roughly 58,000KM odo):

[attachment=9851:marcin_dyno.jpg]

Max Power = 139.28
Max Torque = 141.78

3. Mod - Magnaflow cat-back, RRM Pulley, AEM CAI (roughly 68,500KM odo):

[attachment=10153:dynowithAEM_single.jpg]

Max Power = 143.80
Max Torque = 144.21

Gains (over #2):
Power = 5.94
Torque = 3.42
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total gains over stock:

Power = 11.06
Torque = 7.52

Total money spent on parts (approximate):

$1130 Canadian

Extra info:

$102.2 per 1 horse power (approx)
$150.3 per 1 ft/lbs of torque (approx)

Installed all the parts myself so no labor costs.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
134.5 WHP? Thats a little less than a 12% drivetrain loss off its rated 152 hp. Not bad at all.

Interested to see if a CAI can give some decent gains to those dyno numbers of your car

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We did a run just with the air filter off, it gained about 2hp to the wheels. Also the guys at the shop said that the exhaust is very resistive, and that's robbing some horses as well.

So I presume with a cold air intake and better flow exhaust you can probably bring that up to 138hp-140hp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
good job.. i wanna see some mod's get there dynos.. i finded amazing that i cant find any let me know you find some..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't seen any. But when I get some mods into mine I'll get a dyno done for sure. First on the list are cold air intake and some exhaust package. Just have to put some cash away and wait for something decent to come out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
wat kind of dyno?? I'm gonna get one soon and I have sri and pulley...soon to have an exhaust..I wanna dyno using the same dyno as u so we can neglect the variables of using different dynos

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm actually surprised how different our numbers are on this. I get 140 for torque and 134.5 for hp just on stock. I wonder why that might be? Is there that much difference based on the fact that u use different equipment, or is there that much difference between the 2 tested vehicles... and most of all, which one is correct? Or is yours tested on a downtuned Lancer perhaps?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Having seen my fair share of Dyno runs I can say that the variance between dynos is really big. Thats why it isn't smart to compare numbers between cars that were run on different dynos. Do your before/afters on the same machine for the most accurate results. I've literally seen cars run on our dyno than go unchanged to a different dyno and have numbers that were different by 30 horsepower.

We use a Dynapack, which is a hub style dyno used for tuning. It eliminates the wheels/tires as a factor altogether.

The other variable is weather. We may have done our dyno run on a day that was 20 degrees hotter than when you did your run. Colder/denser air will make more power to.

Either way its good to see some dyno results up there and I'd love to see some more after you do a little more tuning.

[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, so I am new to modifying cars and what not and I am getting confused by some of the dynos out there....
Would someone care to explain how you are to properly read a dyno? For instance, I was looking at the Injen CAI dyno and it had three lines (which I understood what they were for lol yes I can read a legend/key) but it showed them bunched up twice into what appear to be two separete curves. Did they run the car twice or is there some other reason it is like that?

And does anyone have any thoughts on the Works drop in filter? I was thinking of getting that. Either that, or the CAI, but CAI is a bit expensive and I was wondering if the weight factor of the CAI piping would make any difference?

here is a link for the Injen CAI results...
http://injen.com/galleries/products/121820...35dynograph.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Fujita SRI and GReddy exhaust but trying to find reliable place to dyno in or close to austin, TX

next week or two ill post an update

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Road race motorsports ram air intake and tsudo stainless exhaust just waiting for dyno time but when i installed both i really felt a difference the exhaust was quite restrictive.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i'm still pretty green to the new lancers. but i know (in most cases), a CAI install would actually help u shed a couple of pounds. that big rubber hose and plastic box weighs probably twice as much as a CAI. i've never seen a stock airbox from an 08 lancer, but i've installed intakes on 4 different vehicles and in each case the intake was lighter. either way, ur not gonna notice the difference while driving. maybe with a trunk full of speakers and a fat chick in the passenger seat. weight loss, in my opinion, is something for cars that are maxed out on mods and trying to shave 100'ths of a second off your times. i'm somewhat new to modding cars too so anyone more experienced feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
WIsh u buy more mods to keep finding out how they work.
Try a KN intake.... :nahrung034:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some pics from the last dyno I did... just for fun.
Forgive the crappy quality, taken with a cellphone.

[attachment=9919:Dyno_Jan...y_2009_1.jpg]
[attachment=9920:Dyno_Jan...y_2009_2.jpg]
[attachment=9921:Dyno_Jan...y_2009_3.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts