Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story. I had to replace the filler neck in the radiator because a piece broke off and was spraying coolant all over.

Since being replaced, the car is reaching really high temps. I can bring it back down by turning the heater on, and it will go back down to operating.

The radiator is completely full of coolant, so im not sure why it wouldnt be cooling. I have also replaced the thermostat a few months back.

Any ideas why my temp guage is showing it overheating?

I have attached the picture of the temp guage while driving on the interstate at 60mph. The other is what the guage shows when the heater is on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
It may be full but it probably wasn't bleed correctly with an airpocket causing bad circulation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's the story. I had to replace the filler neck in the radiator because a piece broke off and was spraying coolant all over.

Since being replaced, the car is reaching really high temps. I can bring it back down by turning the heater on, and it will go back down to operating.

The radiator is completely full of coolant, so im not sure why it wouldnt be cooling. I have also replaced the thermostat a few months back.

Any ideas why my temp guage is showing it overheating?

I have attached the picture of the temp guage while driving on the interstate at 60mph. The other is what the guage shows when the heater is on.
Are the cooling fans running? On my dad's 09 ES one fan died first (condenser) and then the main one. Quick way to find out is to start the car and turn on the a/c. Both fans should be running. In our case the fan motor connectors burnt out too, so check them as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts