Mitsubishi Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my, I have thoroughly searched the fora and I haven't found anyone else with this problem...

I just bought a 2008 Pajero, and it comes with the new MMCS.

The most MMCS topics I have come across in here have something to do with either some kind of activation CD, or translating the MMCS from Japanese to English :p

Thankfully, no problems so far, since my MMCS is in English and didn't need an activation or whatever.

However, I wasn't given a manual for it!!!

The car handbook has instructions for the standard Rockford CD player that comes with some other Pajero versions, and it says that for MMCS instructions I should check the MMCS manual...

In general, it's pretty easy to use. But I can't figure out two things...

1. How do I copy mp3 files to the HDD?
2. How do I update the maps of the GPS system? It's funny, the pre-installed map ends right above the city where I live!!!

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Your at the cutting edge of technology as I don't know anyone who ownes such a late model. Can I ask where you got and is it a Japanese import as most MMCS systems are? Surly, if yopu bought new or locally from a delaer he would be able to source the info for you.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Benckj@Jan 28 2008, 10:15 PM
Your at the cutting edge of technology as I don't know anyone who ownes such a late model.  Can I ask where you got and is it a Japanese import as most MMCS systems are?  Surly, if yopu bought new or locally from a delaer he would be able to source the info for you.

Jim
[snapback]137752[/snapback]​

I bought it from the local dealership here in Greece. This full version (with the MMCS along with lots of other extra goodies) is the only one currently available in Greece.

I just found out today that when I insert an audio CD, it starts copying the track automatically!!!

Now, since it does play MP3 files, and can copy audio tracks to the HDD, wouldn't it be utterly stupid if I can't copy MP3 files into the HDD??? :p

Also, I am fairly sure the dealership doesn't have the manual for it, and if I ask them they won't know anything about it.

I mean, the guy desperately asked me to "show me around my new car", and all he could talk about was that if you put the stick in D it the car goes forward, if you put it in R it goes backwards etc... :thumbsup:

Imagine this, I asked him if the mirrors fold automatically when locking the car. He said "No, they do not". All it took me was 5 mins of reading the car manual to see that if I press the Lock button on the key twice, they do indeed fold! :)

Don't you love those "authorized dealers?"

"This is a car, it gets you to places, buy it please?"

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I mean, the guy desperately asked me to "show me around my new car", and all he could talk about was that if you put the stick in D it the car goes forward, if you put it in R it goes backwards etc...
I can relate to what you are saying. I would be very embarrased if I was a salesman and someone asked me about a product I was selling them and didn't have a reply. They should at least tell you that they will find out and make some descrete inquiries while you are gone.

Back to your problem... I am confused to why the MMCS system cannot upload MP3 files unless your CD unit does not reconise the format. From your description I take it you are able to play MP3's on the CD player and if so you should be able to copy across to the HD like the full waveform version. Some systems are a bit funny how they work because we expect them to be just like a PC, which they are not. It all comes down to operating systems and Bill Gates didn't design this one.

At least you have English unlike the rest oif us who had to take a crash course in Japanese just to work the system. My kids have spent hours playing with the MMCS to find out what all the buttons did on the touch screen. Maybe I should sent my kids over for a week or two to help you figure it out? I ofetn ask them for advise on music translators since they all do it these days.

jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe...

I just found out something funny this evening.. If I put an audio CD, it automatically records it into the HDD. For some reason, I am starting to believe that I cannot copy MP3 files to the HDD, just rip audio CDs into it!!!

If this is correct, this is soooo stupid and I can't see a reason why!!!
(BTW, the MMCS plays data .mp3 and .wma cds with no problems)

To be honest, the guys from Rockford (the company that makes my MMCS) have great support!

I was e-mailed with .pdf instructions about updating the GPS maps (yes, it said consult your local dealer, but at least that's a start!!!)

As for copying music into the HDD, it has thorough instructions about copying an audio CD into it, but nothing about MP3...

Do you REALLY believe that could be the case?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Do you REALLY believe that could be the case?!?!?!
Yes, Iv'e seen similiar problems with SW form devices produced in Japan. In the ideal world evrything would be compatable but sometimes they don't for reasons unknown like politics or infringment laws.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys seems this topic is been around for some time, I just bought a 1999 Pajero form Japan, this one had the MMCs in jappanese.

From what read seems there is no way to get it working in english ?

Also can you tell me where to look for loose conection on my units , seems there is a problem and the only message it shows is

thanxs

Juanf

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a pdf file which has some translations in it but not the one you show. I can email to you if you think it will be of some help. I also have the MMCS book which is as useless as t#ts on a nun.

Answers to a couple of your quesations;

No english translations available. Someone was working on it but the website he was in got dropped and I haven't heard anything since. they also carried ISO copies of all available disks and boot-up's.

Loose connects can be anywhere but most likely under the pasengers seat (where the MMCS @ CD drive sit). I think that your problem is most likley due to having the wrong disk or you may require the boot disk to get the system up and running.

When the system is working it is helpful even though its in Japanese. You have other controls like the compass, altimiter, outside temps, speaker control and CD info. My kids play with mine all the time to try and figure out what all the modes do. If you want I can send one of my kids to you for a tutor lesson.

jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I see no reason why I should start a new one, since my MMCS issues never seem to come to an end...

My question is so simple

HOW ON EARTH WILL I UPDATE MY GPS MAPS?!?!?!?!

Until now, I just thought that my GPS was inactive or whatever, but i took a trip this weekend, and when I got in a map covered area, it worked just fine!

So, everything works fine, I just need maps! :p

Any kind of suggestion is more than welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would like to just have a map which works in our country! Can't help you with this one as the system is not supported very well. It would be nice if they created a system which could run other disks which are available but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by PhD@Jan 28 2008, 03:50 PM

In general, it's pretty easy to use. But I can't figure out two things...
1. How do I copy mp3 files to the HDD?
2. How do I update the maps of the GPS system? It's funny, the pre-installed map ends right above the city where I live!!!

Thank you for your time!
[snapback]137696[/snapback]​
Hi PhD

I have the new 2008 Pajero with MMCS as well.

Let me answer your questions
1) You can NOT copy mp3 files to HDD, only real CD songs can be copied.
2) Check your Version info on the MMCS, it should be
SW E
Map Version :2006-1
CDDB Version : 0438-1459

This was the latest map and MMCS software

Regarding your USERS MANUAL,
you should get it from your local dealer . I got mine from my local driver in Turkish language. However I contacted Mitsubishi Turkey and they gave me a manual in English language as well.

If you can't get the English or Greek MMCS users manual I can have mine copied and sent to you.

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yassoo PhD,

Sarakakis has an update for the navigator. It takes about two hours to upload the updated maps from a cd and using a security key which is inserted in the auxiliary jack you see when you flip open the lcd screen. Also, if you want to update your gracenote database you can create a cd by going to this site (http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/download/mmcs/e/down_mmcs_03.html). Don't expect to much from the update. Recently, I went to Santorini, when I turned the car off I was in Piraeus and when I turned it back on when I arrived in Santorini the Navigator Map was showing that I was in the Middle of Paris (LOL imagine Athens, Greece to Paris, France in 4 hours by car and ferry boat, that must be a new world record!!!!!! :banana: :haha:

In any case, good luck. I have had problems with my blue tooth. I supposedly ordered a blue tooth kit through the dealer so that it would be compatible with the car. Instead of the getting the bluetooth kit produced by mitsubishi I was told that is not in the production line (whatever that means???) and I was offered a kit by parrot. I got the from parrot through the dealer and it cost me about 50% more than if I had bought it from the local market. OK so I paid something extra, well it should have worked atleast, right!!!!!! Wrong!!!!!!! The kit is unbearable any third party that talks to you hears their voice and want to hang up after a couple of seconds. After, doing some investigating myself I fould out that the kit in order to function properly should use an ISO adapter which I informed the dealer and it should have been order and fixed by now. Well this story is going on since August 2007 and now it is May 2008. On Monday, I have a meeting with the dealer, if I do not get a solution within the next two weeks I will ask them to unistall the kit and credit my account. And I will get another kit from the local market.

Good Luck PhD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Greeneagle

What is your software for the Navigation ?

I have :

SW Version : E
Map Version 2006-1
CDDB Version 0438-1459

I'm thinking that this is the latest map and software for Europe

Strange enough, my navigation always shows as if I'm at Paris eventhough I'm at Istanbul,

Did it turn to normal or are you still seeing Paris ?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is what I'm thinking

If your area is not covered by the Navigation system , in other words if there is no valid map of your location, I think the systems shows paris as default.

When I checked the info, it says it covers Greece Partly, so when you drive to area that is not covered I guess you automatically saw Paris.

Same here, I'm at IStanbul and Istanbul is not covered, I think that's why I'm seeing Paris all the time

·
Registered
21 Posts
After some research I can say that it's impossible to trick the MMCS to override the DVD Play wihle the car is on motion.

Because there are three parameters that the MMCS controls .

1) It reads data from Speed Sensor
2) It reads data from Navigation
3) It senses the GYRO

So if you for example take off the speed sensor, the DVD playing still stops because of the readings from the other two parameters. So even if you find a work around something else will not be working .

Anyway I really think that we must attack the MMCS from it's software, I think this NO DVD PLAYING while car in MOTION can only be deactivated if we reprogram it from the computer of the MMCS itself.

I know some people already hacked the MMCS unit, but I don't know how far they went with their hacks, I guess no success until up to now.

I hope somebody will come up with the answer soon.

P.S. The current latest Navigation and MMCS Unit Software is now more than 1 year old, normally it should have been replaced at May 2007 , but we're still waiting for the updated unit software and the maps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To me, DVD playing while the car is moving isn't that important.

But I would REALLY LOVE IT if I could copy mp3 files to the HDD!

I mean, who came up with this idea? It plays mp3 files, it has a HDD for storing songs, but you can't copy the mp3 files there?!?!?!

Oh come on! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to mention that the patch worked. However, I noticed that when we get an incoming call the bluetooth doesn't work. We have to switch to fm mode in order for the bluetooth to mute the speakers and get the incoming sound through the speakers; however, the caller can here you speaking as well as the audio from the dvd playing.

By the way are there any other patches for other functions like this one? It is pretty good.

Bst Rgds to All,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by greeneagle@Jun 11 2008, 05:18 PM
I had originally ordered the original bt from Mitsu.; however, they told me they not producing it for Europe.  And Holland sent them the parrot evolution with a Mitsu. part number which was supposedly compatible with the vehicle.  As you can guess by now, no such luck.  I have had problems since day 1!!!!!!!  I am hoping an outside vendor will correct the problems via an upgrade/update of the parrot module.  If not I will go back to the distributor and tell them to take it out and to give me my money back.  I am really fed up with them.
[snapback]172370[/snapback]​

Well you should speak to Mitsubishi Greece again and get this part immediately instead of the Parrot.

This works flawlessly with the Pajero , I haven't had a single problem with it yet. It even support Voice Calling, redialling the last number dialled etc etc.

The Mitsu part number is same as I mentioned above .

Here is the final look, it looks very original like factory installed :

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi PhD

I have the new 2008 Pajero with MMCS as well.

Let me answer your questions
1) You can NOT copy mp3 files to HDD, only real CD songs can be copied.
2) Check your Version info on the MMCS, it should be
SW E
Map Version :2006-1
CDDB Version : 0438-1459

This was the latest map and MMCS software

Regarding your USERS MANUAL,
you should get it from your local dealer . I got mine from my local driver in Turkish language. However I contacted Mitsubishi Turkey and they gave me a manual in English language as well.

If you can't get the English or Greek MMCS users manual I can have mine copied and sent to you.

Regards
Dear Sir
Can you send this copy to me also to [email protected] ? please

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.