Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! This is my 1st post being new to this forum. We have purchased a 2009 Grandis 2.4 liter Gasoline. We just had 2 children so this vehicle was necessary.... I was wondering if anyone knows of any Performane upgrades that I can do to squeeze a bit more power out.... :) Any advice, etc would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Graham (an American stuck in Finland lol) :liebe011:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Graham, I would start with looking into a cpu chip...I'll do some poking around for the both of us. We just bought a Grandis also. I love the **** thing, sure as hell beats a Voyager any day.

( Another American stuck in Finland ;) )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Graham and Scott, believe yours are of 4G69 engine type. I have the 2003 model with the same engine and has been using it for 4.5 years with no much major problems now at 68,000 km. :00000732:

Two of far.
1. the right rear shock absorber starts to leak only a little after a year use. So far I have no change it yet as it is still ok. Have bought Ralliart lowering spring and shock absorber which will lower the car by 20mm. Will change these when the leaking shock start to bound frequently.

2. Read this thread on my aircon problem which is now fixed with clutch coil changed. The weather get pretty hot down here.

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t47976-gr...ent-problem.htm

There is this forum which u might be interested to take a look www.grandisan.com.sg and I am a member thought I am not in Singapore but their neighbour.

For performance part, try www.rpw.com.au and www.roadracemotorsports.com, the Lancer there share the same engine as ours.

I may be interested in the chip change u take about as well as workshop manual of our ride. How's the FC of your ride. Karl here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you fo your help guys and I apologze for my late reply. I am holding off on anything right now. Just got the car back from the dealer today after it was there for a week. If you bring the motr up to 1300-1500 RPMS their is a rattling sound from the timing belt cover area. They replaced the tensioners with no avail. They had another Outlander their with the same motor and we brought it up to 1400 RPMs and it made the same sound. So the guys their are saying maybe its normal for teh 2.4 motor. That is BS to me. I have read about sticking lifters, etc on these MIVEC motors. Anyone with any advice. This car has 6000kms and has rattled from day 1. Very frustrated. Maybe I'll call Mitsubishi as I am now at the mercy of the importer (waiting for their response). HELP. Thanks, Graham

·
Registered
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hychamaz @ Sep 26 2009, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank you fo your help guys and I apologze for my late reply. I am holding off on anything right now. Just got the car back from the dealer today after it was there for a week. If you bring the motr up to 1300-1500 RPMS their is a rattling sound from the timing belt cover area. They replaced the tensioners with no avail. They had another Outlander their with the same motor and we brought it up to 1400 RPMs and it made the same sound. So the guys their are saying maybe its normal for teh 2.4 motor. That is BS to me. I have read about sticking lifters, etc on these MIVEC motors. Anyone with any advice. This car has 6000kms and has rattled from day 1. Very frustrated. Maybe I'll call Mitsubishi as I am now at the mercy of the importer (waiting for their response). HELP. Thanks, Graham[/b]
Hi guys sorry to bring up a old thread but i have the same problem and they are saying its the timing belt is loose and want to charge me $800 to replace it. did any find out what it was?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi.
Timing belt being loose wouldn't cause a rattle lad, would cause much bigger problems! As for $800 for a change?! I recently got Belt, tensioners, balancer belt, waterpump, alternator and powersteering belt done for just shy of 400euro so that does sound a bit rich.
As for the rattle, mine does that around that rpm and its the centre box in the exhaust thats colapsed, I have been living with it for a while now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Graham and Scott, believe yours are of 4G69 engine type. I have the 2003 model with the same engine and has been using it for 4.5 years with no much major problems now at 68,000 km. :00000732:

Two of far.
1. the right rear shock absorber starts to leak only a little after a year use. So far I have no change it yet as it is still ok. Have bought Ralliart lowering spring and shock absorber which will lower the car by 20mm. Will change these when the leaking shock start to bound frequently.

2. Read this thread on my aircon problem which is now fixed with clutch coil changed. The weather get pretty hot down here.

https://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t47976-gr...ent-problem.htm

There is this forum which u might be interested to take a look www.grandisan.com.sg and I am a member thought I am not in Singapore but their neighbour.

For performance part, try www.rpw.com.au and www.roadracemotorsports.com, the Lancer there share the same engine as ours.

I may be interested in the chip change u take about as well as workshop manual of our ride. How's the FC of your ride. Karl here

Hello,

What is the best car insurance in Singapore ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
2 Posts

Two of far.

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t47976-gr...ent-problem.htm

https://www.axa.com.sg/car-insurance
Hello,
What is the best car insurance in Singapore ?
Thanks !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts