Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Forgive me if I'm not even posting this in the right spot, I just joined the forum, but I need some (quick) advice. I'm currently looking for a new car, I'm in college and found a Ralliart for sale about 5 hours away to which I would be able to afford payments by a small dealership. It's around $6,000, which I figured was a little cheap... but I'd do some research. Dang good car! It's "Rotor Glow Orange" which I hear is a little more rare? Anyways, it's being sold "as is" - I knew there would be something wrong with it.

It needs a headlight, fog light, probably some fluids changed, etc etc. All good, none of those are too bad.

In the pictures, I noticed the classic service engine light. So I gave the dealer a call and asked what's up. I found out that there is a transmission issue. Possibly a dealbreaker. So I emailed them a bit after and asked for some specifics on the tranny issue. Of course.. they didn't tell me the code, all they told me was "it's not shifting smoothly in 2nd gear." That's all the info I have.

So I did some research on the transmission, found out it's a dual clutch auto, and a pretty good transmission. I do like my mustangs 5 speed but I think I could have some fun with the paddle shifters, anyways...

All I've come down with is it's either a $50 oil change (yay), or a $10,000 rebuild (nay). I'm looking for some advice. I'm considering driving up and seeing it but I'm nervous to do the 5 hour drive just to find out that it can barely drive.

Any advice is welcome, feel free to flame me if I'm posting this in the wrong spot.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, its gonna need a transmission.
That’s a heartbreak. I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case. I’m definitely keeping my eye out - I’ve always wanted a Lancer and I’m definitely keeping my eyes peeled for one. Thanks for the answer. Maybe the next one I find won’t be so unlucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts