Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2010 Lancer DE, 71k miles, well maintained.

As I was leaving work last week the car seemed like it downshifted. I wasn't going even 20mph. The ASC off popped up on the display as well as Service Required. I was still able to drive the car. At around 15mphup until about 35mph the car stayed at 3500 rpm so I pulled over and got a friend to bring his pickup and trailer in hopes that this would be covered under my remaining warranty. My friend arrived and used his scanner and we got a P0102 and P0131 for the MAF and O2 Sensors. That made sense to me since the RPM's were ranging from about 200 to 900 at idle. I was confounded by the ASC malfunction though.

Got it to the dealer and they called me back the next day saying they tried out a new MAF and it worked fine and they didnt even get an O2 sensor code on their scanner. So I asked about the ASC Off issue and the guy on the phone said he didnt know... I asked if the mechanic took the car for a test drive with the new MAF and the guy said the mechanic did not. Then he asked me if I wanted them to order a new MAF sensor. So by that point I told him not to worry about ordering a new MAF I'll just get my friend to come pick up the car tomorrow. They still charged me for the hour of labor since I am over my 5 year 60k mile Bumper to Bumper warranty and that is what covers electronics whereas the 10 year 100k Powertrain warranty does not.

Anyways I plan to order a new MAF sensor and see if that resolves the problem. I have read on a BMW forum that it's possible the bad reading from the MAF could affect other things like the transmission. I was just wondering if anybody has had the same situation and what eventually resolved the issue. And I did visually inspect the connections on the MAF and they look brand new, its gotta be internal.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
ASC Active Stability Control. There are a few things that will have the PCM command the ASC off.

Throttle control issue (throttle body) , any ABS fault , Transmission fault .

this car should have a CVT, the fluid should be replaced in CVT unit 40-50,000. Did you check the CVT fluid? Make sure it isnt low. Low fluid will run low pressure. Although the main input clutch will engage , the other hydraulic CVT chain drive and assembly require alot of pressure. Low fluid will cause the variable drive chain to not respond correctly, or loose pressure and drop its position.

Has that "downshift" that happened ever replicated itself again?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have since received the OEM MAF Sensor Assembly in the mail and swapped it out with the one on the car.

I have not had any problems since replacing that part. No codes with the scanner either. I'm just glad I was only going about 25mph when it happened. Thanks for the heads up about the low fluid. It is up to date on the fluid change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, i have similar problem on my challenger 2010 2.5 DIESEL 4wd. i was driving around 120 km/h and the ASC off was on and the car reduce the speed, i could drive only till 40 km/h. I turn off the car and that switch off. but again when i drive to 100 km/h or more that come up again and the car reduce the speed . i have read how that issue was solve for the lancer, however i would like to know fr the diesel, what would i should try to clean or reeplace? thanks guys if you can help me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts