Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new here and need a little guidance. So basically i checked out a 2010 gts yesterday and when i got there there was no oil, no coolant everything was bone dry.. i put some oil in and gave it a jump and it fired right up but not without a loud knocking noise. Lasted maybe 3 seconds then got fainter as i drove down the block. Im guessing since the girl didnt really maintanence the car to good the seals are shot and needs new bearings and a whole rebuild.. my question is do u guys have a good site to buy engine parts off of and how much of a pain is this gonna be to rebuild? Any tips?? If i can save a lancer im gonna try my best. lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Get a second hand motor from a wreckers. More trouble than its worth to rebuild. If its an auto its a simple repacement, no need to remove trans or anything, just lift motor out from top

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a second hand motor from a wreckers. More trouble than its worth to rebuild. If its an auto its a simple repacement, no need to remove trans or anything, just lift motor out from top
Its a manual i took the valve cover off and saw a bunch of shiny flakes inside. This will be my first time swapping motors wish me luck haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts