Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 endeavor awd cannot fit larger tires on suv because of spring mount 1/2" above tire. I have looked and looked for a coil over strut but nobody can help. I guess endeavors are just too few in number for any aftermarket suppliers to care. Nobody can cross reference the stock stuts to another mfg/suv either, but 90% of struts are all the same!!! If I had a toyota, no problem!!! Plenty of aftermarket parts for those!!! Can anyone help??? I just want larger tires on the suv but cant do it?????

·
Registered
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS
12 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you buddy. You can upgrade from 235/65/17 to 245/65/17 with no issues. I have read somewhere on here that someone had 245/70/17 wild peak tires with no issue but i want to verified that before screwing myself and buying tires that size. The front strut suspension sucks due to the design so we are limited in aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS
12 Posts

245/70R17 mounted clear no rubbing or bottom out from front strut clearance. Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure with kevlar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 endeavor awd cannot fit larger tires on suv because of spring mount 1/2" above tire. I have looked and looked for a coil over strut but nobody can help. I guess endeavors are just too few in number for any aftermarket suppliers to care. Nobody can cross reference the stock stuts to another mfg/suv either, but 90% of struts are all the same!!! If I had a toyota, no problem!!! Plenty of aftermarket parts for those!!! Can anyone help??? I just want larger tires on the suv but cant do it?????
Hello I have I have a 2008 Mitsubishi endeavor I have 22-in tires on it or rims on there however I also have the 65 50 45 r22 tires on it as well I have perfect clearance for the shock and strut is not hitting it doesn't touch it at all that is the max you can do anything else you'll be scraping and that you won't have to get anything nothing scrapes or nothing like that
22 inch rims with 265/40r22 tires on front and have 285/45r 22 on rear nothing scrapes whatsoever Iam about to drop my endeavor 6 inches and will post what done with and modifications info
I'm in the same boat as you buddy. You can upgrade from 235/65/17 to 245/65/17 with no issues. I have read somewhere on here that someone had 245/70/17 wild peak tires with no issue but i want to verified that before screwing myself and buying tires that size. The front strut suspension sucks due to the design so we are limited in aftermarket parts.
I currently have 22-in rims on my endeavor I have not dropped it I haven't done anything but put 22s they don't scrape on the front I'm currently using 265 40 r22 up front and I have 285 45 r22 on rear and I'm getting ready to drop it 6 in I'll load the information on what I did there and what what parts or whatever I have needed to do and customize the mods with I'll go ahead and post that information after it's complete

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done a bunch of other things to the car already I will continue to post anything else and and I'll go back in time and go over the couple of things that I've modified myself already if it helps you guys out just let me know and reply to me if you have any other questions and I don't mind helping out thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts